The New Heroine of Paris

"Rough day, huh kid?" Plagg sang as we entered my bedroom after a long day at the carnival. "First you lose your girlfriend and then you get threatened by her best friend. Sounds like an outstanding day to me."

I glided over to my bed and curled beneath the covers feeling comforted by their warm, gentle hugs against my chilled skin. The events of the day spiraled through my mind as I tried to digest everything that had happened. I had not expected to lose my status as Marinette's boyfriend so quickly, and I most definitely had not expected to feel so crushed when Mari had so blatantly pointed out the fact that she was not my girlfriend to Alya.

Alya, on the other hand, just seemed to think that Marinette was being foolish, continuing to call me her boyfriend, secretly lifting my spirits. However, those spirits were quickly brought back down once Alya had pulled me to the side to have a little 'chat.'

She began by calling me "pretty boy" and demanding that I treat her best friend with "respect." I had been horrified by the possibility of others thinking that I had any ill suited intentions towards Marinette. After profusely apologizing to Alya about my misjudged flirtatious behavior, she then went on to tell me how happy she was that Mari and I were finally together saying things such as "seeing the way you look at her fills my own heart with joy."

Just as I was beginning to think that our conversation was going well, she remarked on my newfound "unpredictability" and the fact that she knew that there were still many hidden parts of myself that she nor Marinette had yet seen. Her exact words had been, "I'm just hoping that those hidden parts of you will work in favor of your relationship with Marinette once they come out." Alya's perception had astounded me and I made a mental note to be careful around Alya from that point on. If anyone was going to discover that I was a secret superhero, it would be her.

To top everything else off, she then proceeded by warning me not to "screw this up" or I would have to suffer the consequences of dealing with her, later. After all of that, she decided to confuse me utterly and completely by complementing on how cute Marinette and I looked together and saying that she couldn't wait to see how our relationship would grow.

Saying that my conversation with Alya had overwhelmed me would be an understatement. Her nearly bipolar view of my relationship with Marinette had me reeling with joy alongside an insatiable terror. Alya could either be our biggest supporter or my worst enemy if I got things wrong. Needless to say, I did not want to speak about any of this with my way too condescending kwami.

"Shut it, Plagg, or I won't get you any of your precious Camembert." I threatened in an icy tone that was meant to thwart him from taking the conversation any further. Although, I should have known that nothing would come between him and his cheese. He would always find a way to weasel himself into getting it even if he did not necessarily deserve it.

Plagg descended upon my nightstand and proceeded to sway across it as if it was one of my father's catwalks. "But... without my cheese, how could you ever hope to reach that box to see if Ladybug responded to your letter?"

The letter. I had completely forgotten about the letter that I had written to Ladybug with everything that was going on with Marinette. Also, I absolutely hated the way that Plagg had said Ladybug, hanging on to it in such a way to make it sound as if I was actually still in love with her. I most assuredly was past that phase of my life and I had no intentions at all of going back down that path. I had done my duty. I had let Ladybug know that I was doing well. Did she need anything more than that? I definitely didn't think so. Nothing good could come from opening that line of communication again. My time with Ladybug was sadly, but truthfully, over.

"That's fine by me," I curtly responded, "I'm not planning on writing any more letters to Ladybug anyway."

Plagg flew over and nestled himself down on the pillow next to me. "Do whatever you want, Adrien. I don't care," he said as he yawned and turned over whispering something about finding his own way to get some cheese.