twenty-five

Iseul really didn't want to go outside

Iseul really didn't want to go outside. It was getting late, the sun was setting. The sky was turning a pale purple and light pink as the sun's rays calmed down.

She was scared of going outside at night, but she needed to get something to eat. All of the foods she had in her apartment were all expired or moldy.

Even herself had been rotting away in the confinement of her apartment. Gucci stopped shoots for the time being and Iseul didn't have anything to do. She never knew how lonely she was without her work.

She was especially lonely without the company of Taehyung. She never realized how bright and happy he was. He was so cute and followed her like a puppy, and she loved that. Was Jungkook really telling the truth? Did Taehyung love her?

She thought about it even more, wanting to feel his skin again. She wanted to see the smile on his face when she complimented him, that serious look on his face when he was modeling, his playful banter with Jungkook.

Iseul's face lifted up from being buried in her knees. "I love him?" she asked in a whisper.

Her German Shepherd, Roxy, nudged Iseul's knees with her wet nose.

"Hi, Roxy, baby. I guess I should get you some food, huh? I'll be back soon."

Iseul got up and grabbed her coat and keys. She left after making sure the windows were closed and her door was locked.

Iseul knew what to buy at the convenience store, so she didn't waste any time. She underestimated how fast the sun would set though.

It was much darker than before. The streetlights were on and the stars were blinking, but the night sky was not too black yet.

Iseul could see her own shadow stretching in front of her as she carried her bags of fruit and dog food. She walked through a neighborhood alone with the cold air surrounding her.

Fog escaped her nostrils as she breathed in and out, the cold numbing her nose. She started hearing the sounds of feet behind her. She turned around but saw no one. Her feet started walking faster. She occasionally turned her head around to see if anyone followed her, but would never see anyone.

She turned around again and saw a figure in black. The figure looked like a woman and that perplexed Iseul. The figure didn't have any weapons on them but was staring creepily at Iseul.

It weirded her out and she fast-walked back to her apartment, the memory of the figure haunting her.