Books

When I was about 10 or 11 I read my first book series, Harry Potter, it took me months (almost a year!) to finish but it was what started my love of a thing I dreaded above all else.

At first I wanted to start reading to prove that I wasn't actually stupid, that probably wasn't the best reason to start, especially after years of people trying to get through to me to get me to read, but for some reason it worked for me. I have no clue how I did it, but I somehow did something not one of my teacher in the 5-6 years I had been in school was able to do, I taught myself to read. It took about four months for me to finish a book which now looks to me like a leaflet but back then with the whole 200 pages it might as well have been a dictionary, but I refused to prove my parents and the teachers right (to this day I still do). The list of people I had to prove wrong just kept growing when a complete arsehole moved to our school and decided to say that everyone who went to resource (needed extra help) was stupid. When he moved into our class I made it a point to get through the books as fast as I possibly could and get higher then him in every test possible. Soon I was reading books with over 700 pages and loving it (reading and rubbing it in his face!)

Some of the authors I now love include J.K. Rowling (duh!), Susan Collins, Veronica Roth, Pittacus Lore and John Green.

One of the most amazing book/book series I think is Percy Jackson, if you have not read them I would definitely recommend them, especially if you have dyslexia or ADHD. Rick Riordon is honestly one of the most amazing people/ authors on the planet! He is one of the few authors who's main character has a learning disability but makes it about the person not the disability.

While I am on the subject of recommendations, I have recently started reading an amazing and under-appreciated book by an incredible author, please read it and give the author a load of support. It's called "The Boy Across The Road" by greyskiesareneeded.
https://www.wattpad.com/story/128864189-the-boy-across-the-road

If ye have any reading recommendations please comment them, I love getting new reading material, especially since I have a week off next week :D. And I hope ye like the new cover :)