The smile

Kasalukuyan naming binabagtas ang daan papuntang Angel's Home. Ito ay isang orphanage that Mi brings supplies every month to help them. From food, clothes and even toys. I am used to it. I still remember when I was young. She always took me with her to the charity events she went to. That only stopped when Mi decided that I should go to Manila to study. After many years, ay ngayon lang ulit ako makakabalik sa orphanage na 'to. 

"Nandito na po tayo." Mr.A informed us na ikina-irap ko. Mi saw that and just shook her head. Mr.A got out from the driver's seat and opened the car door for Mi.

"Thank you, Hijo." Mi said with a smile. The man just nodded. He quickly went in the other side of the car to open the car door for me. I even bumped into him because he was blocking my way. He tried to speak but I immediately passed him. It's a good thing Mi didn't see na sinadya ko siyang banggain. She went to the other two cars that were tailing us. The cars were full of various foods and clothes for the orphans.

"Kami na po ang bahala na mag pasok, Ma'am." Sabi ng isang bodygurad ni Mi na hindi ko alam ang pangalan. 

Mi just smiled and nodded as she walked into the big door of the orphanage. I followed Mi but before that, I turned again to look at Mr.A.

"Help them." I ordered the man and I immediately looked away when our eyes met. I didn't wait for his answer and immediately went in. I grabbed my chest because I felt that 'something' again. 'Something' because until now I still don't know what kind of feeling his round eyes makes me feel.

"Good morning, everyone!" My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a loud and simultaneous greeting. I was already inside without realizing it. The children were facing me along with some nuns. They all had a beautiful smile ready for me.

"Hi, ate!" The boy hugged me enthusiastically. I think, he was five year old. I looked at Mi for permission. She nodded and smiled. Pumantay ako sa bata and touched both of his cheeks. He's cute!

"Hello baby boy at good morning din sa lahat." Masayang bati ko saka sinulyapan ang mga batang nakatayo pa rin ilang metro ang layo sa akin.

Agad nag takbohan papalapit sa akin ang mga bata. At hindi ko namalayang nakangiti na pala ako. A genuine smile.

..

"Alam niyo po ate, ang ganda-ganda niyo po." The boy who first approached me earlier complimented me. He's Alav. He has a beautiful eyes that you can tell that he's not a pure Filipino. I found out na iniwan siya ng nanay niya dito. The nuns did not refuse to take the child because they knew na mapapasama lang siya sa poder ng ina.

On the other hand, I can't help but get mad with Alav's mother. How could she just leave her child to someone else? I promised to myself that I would be a good mother to my future children. Napailing ako nang may maisip. I don't even have a boyfriend yet, tapos anak kaagad ang iniisip ko? Nababaliw na yata ako. I just laughed at the thought.

"Kamukha ka po ng picture sa libro na palaging binabasa sa amin ni Sister Olga." He said still smiling while staring at me.

"Really? Is she really beautiful? I mean, maganda ba talaga siya?" I asked the boy in amazement.

"Opo, sobrang maganda po." He answered.

"What is her name then?" I asked him again na pansamantala niyang pinag isipan.

"Hmm, Snow white po." His eyes smiled.

"Wow! Sobrang maganda nga siya." Nakangiting sagot ko kay Alav.