Chapter 13 : Promises.

I've never been this confused in my life before.

Jadon is looking triumphantly at Mr Alvarez and he's glaring at Jadon. Like they know each other. But, how ?

"Mr Alvarez. How nice to see you." Even though he looked anything but happy.

"I wish I could say the same, Mr Armsden."

What ? But his last name is Arth....

Armsden. Jadon Armsden.

As soon as realization set in, the ground swayed beneath my feet. I forgot to breath and my head started spinning.

Jadon is Jadon Armsden.

Who I've been hanging out with. Soul enemy of my boss. The biggest businessman other than Mr. Alvarez.

Why do I feel so betrayed ?

My eyes could only focus on the stare off of Two of the most powerful moneymakers of New york.

The one that I work for and the one that has my mind working on him for the past two weeks.

How ? Why ? I trusted him. I said we could be friends.

So what ? You've had your trust broken many times before. That's what happens all the time.

My conscious was right. But still, it hurt. Just because I always get my trust broken, doesn't mean it never hurts.

Slowly, very slowly, my mind started to register my surroundings and I heard Ethan speak.

"Congratulations on your new deal, Mr Armsden."

"Thank you. I'm sorry for you, though." I swear he was enjoying Ethan's reddened face so much that he couldn't stop smirking.

"How much did you offer Mr Longo, Mr Armsden ? If you don't mind me asking." Ethan said between clenched teeth. His posture stiff as if he would pounce at Jadon any minute now.

"Actually," Jadon began,"I do mind." Suddenly, the arrogance from his face was gone and replaced by impassiveness. He looked so intimidating and cold that I couldn't recognize him anymore.

His warm chocolate eyes now turned hard like a block of wood , kept in the middle of a desert,dried by the sun for days and now unaffected by heat. Like the invincible from hell that could burn your soul by that stare.

To be honest, I was scared.

Because, Jadon Armsden was reminding me of my father.

"I'll let you enjoy your Date with Ms Russo here. Happy Birthday, Miss."

Than he turned to me and seeing my expression, his eyes immediately turned softer. Like the Jadon I knew. Or I thought I knew.

"How about we get a drink ?" He asked.

"No." I said before I could take his proposal into consideration. I cannot possibly have a drink with someone who lied to me. I can't just act like nothing happened !

"Well, I insist. Let's go." He grabbed hold of my wrist and started walking away, leaving a fuming Ethan and confused Nina behind.

"Let go ! What are you doing ?" I almost screamed.

"Adara, I will let go if you promise to talk to me." He said with the same stoic face.

"How dare you giving me all this bullshit about promises when you are the one that lied ?!" I was almost in tears . I just can't bear it when people betrays me.