Chapter 4

『 AUDREY 』

AUDREY

"Jesus." Cayden sighed, running his hand through his hair. "I can't believe you're so affected by something that petty."

I whacked his shoulder. "I don't have many friends, okay? You should feel more honored that I'm even friends with you."

Cayden replies back by rolling his eyes.

Long story short, I called Cayden and asked him to meet me at a nearby park. He refused at first, saying he was way too lazy to go out.

He ran out of his house when I said I'd buy him food.

He's such a friend I can count on.

Cayden stretched himself, then drank the red velvet frappe that I bought him. "Justin hates me."

I blinked a few times. "How do you know? You're probably overthinking."

He shook his head. "The fucking practice. Against Radwell. He always targets me." He took another sip of his drink. "Cayden, take the balls. Cayden, you wash our clothes. Cayden, buy us drinks." He imitates. "I want to cut his balls, wash them with bleach and then place it in his drink."

I shook my head, laughing a little. "It's my fault, huh?"

"It is? Wow, it's not like that's obvious already."

I shot him a face and he replies with a shrug.

"Does Eric know?" I asked him. He raised an eyebrow. "About the whole... er..."

"That I wanted to kill myself?" He finished for me. "He doesn't have to know. Not that he cares, anyway."

I groaned and rest my head on his shoulder.

He tensed up a bit, then turned to look at me.

"My shoulder's that comfortable, huh?" He scowled. I nod my head, giving him a sheepish smile.

He tried his best to look annoyed, but I saw that small smile on his face.

Then he started humming.

I thought his voice was beautiful before, but damn. This is a whole new kind.

I listened to him hum a song I was familiar with, but couldn't recognize.

Of course, all good things must come to an end.

Cayden's phone started ringing loudly.

In shock, I moved away from him. Cayden cursed lowly before taking the call.

"What do you want?"

Gee, what a way to start a conversation.

"What?" He frowned. "Why would I do that?"