Ch. 1 | A Happy Relationship? (Edited)

InoJin and Shikadai had been dating since they got into the academy. The platinum blonde loved the black haired boy with all his heart yet Shikadai never showed his love much, but Inojin always assumed he was shy.

It was a warm fall afternoon after their classes. The final class had let out and a large group of boys containing the aforementioned are walking out and into the heart of the village. 

"Hey, we should got get burgers," a cheerful blonde boy suggests and he crossed his arms behind his head. 

" We always eat burgers man, we gotta change it up," A tall, tan boy says as he shoved his hands deeper in his pockets.

The two never agreed which entertained Inojin and annoyed Shikadai.

"Let us ask my AWESOME baby brother what HE thinks!"

"UGH, THATS CHEATING HE ALWAYS AGREES WITH YOU!!"

"I do not always agree with Boruto, Iwabe.." a ghostly pale boy said as he rolled up the sleeves of his pale and dark blue kimono.

"Then what DO you wanna do Mitsuki?"

"I would like to go to get burgers..."

"SEE?!?!"

Boruto laughs triumphantly as Iwabe sighs as Mitsuki softly smiles. Inojin giggles and looks over at his boyfriend. 

"How did we end up with them as our friends?" 

Shikadai just shrugs and looks over at a group of girls containing ChoūChoū, the girl from their three man squad at school. As they walk into the burger place Boruto waves to the lady at the counter. A short boy with a ponytail pulls the platinum blonde to the side. He has the look of concern in his eyes.

"Hey, are you two good?"

"What do you mean Denki?"

"It kinda seems like you and Shika are.. ya know?"

"We didn't break up... if thats what you're thinking.."

"Well its doesn't seems like a happy OR healthy relationship.. so you should think are you really happy.."

Denki walked over to his friends, who had all started to order. The boys' words rang through Inojin's head.

'you should think are you really happy'

Was his relationship happy? He thought so but thinking about it..maybe it wasn't. 

"Oi! Inojin! Come order," Boruto yelled pulling the boy out of his thoughts. 

"Ok," He ran over and stood next to Shikadai.

"I would just like water and a veggie burger..." 

He smiled as the lady put in his order with the rest of the kids' orders. Mitsuki walked over and chose a booth for them all. They all sat down and just talked.

Shikadai sat in his seat and tried to tune out his annoying friends. He only was snapped out of his trance when their food arrived. "Thank you mam..." Mitsuki softly said as he took the tray.