Chapter-1

Shanaya's POV

My eyes reluctantly opened a little to a pitter-patter sound disturbing my sleep. I drew my eyelids above tightening my grip on Abhi's arm to find what was it. And then I knew only by shifting my glance to the window that it was raining. The window was glistened and flushed in fog that I could merely see anything through it.

I straightened my posture from leaning on Abhi's shoulder and a small lazy smile crawled on my lips looking at his cute sleeping figure. His mouth was a little opened, which made me burst into chuckle.

I slowly lifted my hand with an adoring smile at him and closed his mouth only to find his mouth again opening slowly the very next second. I cupped my mouth as a crooked laugh burst out of it.

But I shouldn't be laughing, cause I was now almost used to his this habit of sleeping. It's been half a year already we started having each other beside in bed. And today we were having an uncomfortable yet romantic sleep in car. It's a different story though.

I don't know what's the reason could be, but Abhi had to rush to his hometown, actually a village. All he'd explained to me was that he had got this sudden call from his father's home village and that he have to reach there urgently.

I got so dull then to have him away from me for don't know how many days, but when I heard what he said later was a happy dancing moment to me.

He said, This is a great opportunity. I'd introduce you to my family I've left with, and will marry you there with all their blessings

Can I ask anything else for this life?

Abhi gonna marry me and by my side forever. That's all I ever asked for.

He was my first crush or Love, whatever I call him, he'd become the reason to my happiness years ago - when I was even just a mere seven or eight years old stupid girl. When I would behaved psychotically stubborn from entering the class, after peeking from at the classroom door, if he wouldn't be visible in the classroom. I chuckled at my stupid little self.

I was like that. For only one sight sake I saw him, and from the very next moment and for every single moment I wanted him there to be with me.

My parents who were rich and influential, for my happiness sake and to make me go to school would bribe him with whatever he wanted, and would request his parents to be my friend, to be my side at school.

I didn't realized then, if I was being idiotic by forcing him to be my friend. But all my seven years old self knew was I liked him, and I wanted was for him too to like me.

And just like that, by bribing him with my parent's money and other rich stuff I befriended him. It took time though for him to digest my unbearable love.

There were times earlier in first, second standards when he would just try to get rid off me, hide himself from me sitting in the back bench. But by the time, he changed, he opened himself to me, he started to share things with me, stopped asking for bribe gifts in return for being friends with me, and he truly accepted the true stubborn, stupid self in me as his friend.

I parted away from Abhi as an urge to look outside through the window crawled in me as I realized the drumming of rain droplets had stopped. I rolled down the glass a little and a cold shrill wind touched my face. I leaned my arm on the window and my chin on my arm.

A gasp escaped my shivering cool lips, my hair falling repeatedly on my eyes blurring my vision and me trying to look endlessly at the beautiful view of green dancing crops passing through by tucking my hair back. The greenery was evidence, that we were almost nearer to Abhi's village.