Chapter-7

Year : 2001 (Continued)

Author's POV

Rohan's eyes stuck on a certain person and instantly a mischievous smirk grew on his lips.

"Aye paagal (mad/lunatic), come here" he called out making Abhi, Shanaya and Gautam to seize their actions and look in the direction Rohan was watching.

"Rohan..." Shanaya dragged his name amused. She would always sympathize with the person he called a paagal.

Cause not only that the person was a naive girl but also for that girl was close to Abhi and he was fond of her, whom Shanaya loves the most.

Abhi gritted his teeth at Rohan, but Rohan's eyes were on that girl. Abhi too looked at her and shook his head raising his eyebrows - hinting her not to obey Rohan.

The girl shook her head in denial to Rohan's call. She held her lunch box close to her stomach as if there were pearls inside it and started walking away, taking quick steps.

"Very good Arohi!" victorious words escaped Abhi's mouth. He glared at Rohan and smirked at him. Shanaya too flashed a knowing smile, but then suppressed it immediately when she found Rohan glaring at them.

Rohan's jaw clenched, he glared back at Abhi and Shanaya. He felt defeated when Abhi's sweetest friend denied his call.

Abhi was having an impression of a little size of arch enemy in Rohan's mind. Abhi's praises would be on every teacher's lips and most of their school girls were head over heels for him.

Rohan was obviously jealous of him. Rohan wasn't a student of their school until fifth standard, but it was since last two years when Mr. Nanda had to shift his company's head office to here, that Rohan got admitted in the same school as Shanaya.

Rohan was used to the attention and praises that he would get at his old school. But here, even though he made good friends and was enjoying the same but he had this tiny undying disappointment that Abhi was stealing his light.

And it's the same reason that although Shanaya is a good friend of Rohan, he never called her Baby doll earlier, like now he was referring her Baby doll only to irritate Abhi.

Once again the buried enmity aroused in Rohan's chest as it heaved with the flaring up of his nostrils. He got up the chair jerk shoving away the chair behind and quickly reached Arohi.

Abhi and Shanaya frowned, while Gautam chuckled. Rohan smirked standing like a wall infront of Arohi and snatched away the lunch box from her. Her eyes widened and tears were already pooled up to stream down.

Rohan ran back to his chair with the lunch box. As Arohi too followed him jumping to catch her lunch box which he had lifted above out of her reach.

"Give me my lunch box.." she yelled.

"Rohan, what nonsense is this?" Shanaya didn't understood how to react as she laughed at his stubbornness and at the same time shouted at him.

"Just chillax Baby Doll" he said giggling sheepishly.

Abhi groaned in frustration but didn't uttered a word to him, cause there was no use of it. It will only turn into an argument. Abhi too knows very well that Rohan does all these stupid things only to bother him. But infact he isn't of any harm.

Rohan smirked at Abhi, but Abhi acted nonchalance eating his food leisurely. Pretending he doesn't give a damn to whatever he does.

Rohan got amused with Abhi's indifference but opened Arohi's lunch box what so ever. There were paraathaas in it.