Chapter-5

Abhimanyu's POV

I need some good time to understand what all this mess just is. My brain is screaming No, just go say No for this alliance. But he'd already warned me if my answer would be No, then I'd have to leave this house without a word.

This is my house, my family. My only family I have, in which I wanted to include Shanaya. I don't want to leave my family and live like an orphan as I lived all these years.

But that lonely life I lived was only for concentrating on my career. For that dream which I dreamt about my every night as a kid. Usually kids would funnily dream about being an astronaut or some fighter pilot, but my thoughts and dreams were always big and clear. I wanted to be rich, a well known business personality.

Sometimes I wonder, why Shanaya loves me. Cause if she felt her parents were typical high class people, I too dreamt of being one among them. Then why me?

I never got answers to these questions. She never gave. All she'd tell me 'I don't know. I just love you..'

She'd remind me whenever it felt needed 'You're not the one you're trying to forge yourself into. You are not one among them. You are different. That's why you're mine'

I walked upstairs "Where's the guest room?" I asked a kid playing in the corridor.

Like, I really don't remember that we had any guest room in my childhood when I used to live here. I only spent 7 years of my life here and then two months of summers and festival days every year.

The kid pointed his finger to a door just two steps ahead of where I was standing. I nodded at him forcing a smile and ruffled his hair lovingly before making my way to the room.

I stood before the room and pushed it slightly only to find it was locked from inside. I frowned and knocked the door twice. When I didn't heard any movement from inside, I called out to her "Shanaya.. It's me" I said softly.

No response.

"Shanaya.. It's me. Open the door" I knocked again.

"I need few moments alone..." I heard her hoarse choked voice.

Is she crying? Damn it!

"Shanaya.. Please.. Let me explain" I raised my pitch this time and knocked hard on the door out of restlessness. I want to stop her cry, I don't like to see her in tears.

"I didn't knew about all that they said about marriage.. Trust me.. I.. " I  snapped my head up when the door suddenly opened and she appeared with a red tear stricken face. Her eyes were puffed and tired.

"I trust you.." she nodded assuring me.

My eyes pooled up with ecstasy at what she said. And I hugged her then and there. Not worrying that I was standing at the door, not worrying of where I was and not giving a damn to the fear of anyone may see.

I just wanted to hug her with all my love. Reason? Isn't she too good to be my better half?

Not a question she shot at me. And not asking me for any explanation, she said She trusts me.. I couldn't have asked for anyone better than her in my life.

"Thank you..." I tightened my grip around her, hugging her more and more.

"It's OK Abhi... Anyone may see" she mumbled softly and pushed me slightly by my shoulder.

I slowly drifted apart from her, but not before pecking her cheek on the move. I heard her crooked smile then looked at her face. Thankfully her lips were twitched up a bit, which sent contentment to me.