Chapter-6

Abhimanyu's POV

My eyes blink opened slowly with difficulty when my ears rung with the knocks on the door. I raised up my body reluctantly with my elbow support and rubbed my right eye a little before getting down the bed.

I walked to the door and opened it, it was Taaiji.

"Good morning Taaiji" I greeted her with a smile.

"Morning puttar.. Breakfast is ready, come down quickly.." she told in a hurried tone and turned around but then turned again and took a moment analyzing me up to down.

"Ohhoo.. It seems like you haven't freshened up yet..." I lifted my chin pursing my lips tightly like a kid at her as she chuckled "Your friend is down already.. Now you too be quick.."

What? Shanaya is up already!

I turned my head to the clock closing the door behind me. It's 8 still, and Shanaya is awake? Wow. Usually she sleeps like till 10 in the morning. I shrugged wide eyed in daze and barged into the bathroom.

I took a shower real quick and got into a plain grey tee and black jeans. I strolled downstairs and found everyone having breakfast and some were done already. Shanaya was sitting there staring ahead not having from her plate, probably waiting for me.

I greeted my uncles and aunts present there and sat down. I grinned and mouthed a hi to Shanaya as we sat next to each other like at dinner yesterday. Shanaya was wearing a white floral frock and a jean blue jacket. Her hair was left loose curls.

I looked around while eating nonchalantly when my eyes fell upon Arohi

She was sitting legs folded among kids in the garden. A writing pad and a book on it in her lap, probably scribbling something.

"Arohi, come have breakfast.." Aditi auntie, Arohi's mother called out to her.

Arohi didn't lifted her head but looked up from her book by sliding her eyelids above sternly. Her bushy straight hair covering half side of her face.

"Di had already.." one of the kids with turban sitting infront of Arohi, shouted from the garden.

"Arohi.. You had already? You should have waited for Abhi and others.." her mother spoke her frowned with dismay.

"I need to be hungry for eating not the presence of people.."

Woah.. It's like the first time she has opened her mouth since me and Shanaya arrived. Last night too, when I asked her if she remembers us or not, she just moved her head in denial.

Once I was done with my breakfast I got up and thought of walking back to my room, when I felt a nudge on my shoulder.

"Abhi.. Let's go in the garden. See, how cute those kids are... " she said grinning in joy of watching the kids play.