Chapter-2

Abhimanyu's POV

Their suspicious stares at Shanaya was making me tense. I rubbed the sweat beads at the side of my forehead and shifted my glance to Shanaya. I found her already staring at me.

Her eyebrows were raised, Her lips shrinked in nervousness. Who wouldn't be? When a pretty much crowd of people, men in turbans and beards, ladies with big, sharp edged eyes were gazing at her continuously.

"Taiji... She's my friend Shanaya.. She works with me.. "
I blurted out.

I could see the confusion on their faces fading, replaced with a slight smile. I sighed in relief and plastered a crooked smile on my lips.

"Oh... OK" Taiji said flashing a smile at Shanaya. It was then I glanced at Shanaya again only to find her forcing a smile uncomfortably. I know, she must be wondering why I lied to them. Well... I'll explain it to her later.

Taiji swirled the veneration plate around before mine and Shanaya's face. Shanaya is not anyone to my family right now, yet it's our tradition to honour guests.

Taiji spotted a vermilion dot on our foreheads and all the members present there stepped aside a bit making a way for us.

"Veer puttar(son)... Take her to the guest room..." Taiji hollered to one of my cousin handing the veneration plate to a lady, whom I couldn't recognize.

I glanced Shanaya cross eyed. She was standing there with a worried frown. Her beautiful cohl eyes were sliding left to right, probably trying to find me among the crowd of people assembled there at the entrance area garden.

"Yea.. Shanaya.. Go and take rest" I spoke out purposely to reach her eyes. I blinked at her assuringly with a small smile when she confused dazed at me.

"Abhi.. You go to your room and fresh up" my stuck eyes on Shanaya's retreating figure jerk blinked at Taauji's voice.

"But taauji tell me what's that important matter for which you called me all of a sudden?" I asked him anxiously.

"Puttar.. That we can talk over dinner. Now you go and freshen up.."
I defeated trampled towards my room.

This is freaking weird... They said something very serious and important. And now they all are smiling and welcoming me leisurely... Atleast if they tell me the issue, I can clear my head and declare my wedding plans to them... Afterall.. All I have in this world is only this family and Shanaya..

I didn't wasted any of my time in resting or doing anything else. I quickly just took a shower and dressed into my half collar casual white T-shirt and grey track pants and strolled out towards the dining area.

I found Shanaya was already present there. She was sitting there on the floor infront of a well stuffed plate. I chuckled wondering how she used to sit elegantly on a dining table and followed strict diet.

Nervousness and discomfort was covering her face. She was wearing a blue sleeveless knee length top and white palazzo pant. Her hair was tied into a side ponytail and she was simply beautiful.

"Abhi... Why are you standing there? Come sit..." my head snapped at Taiji. I walked to them and sat down beside Shanaya.