Chapter 2 - No one will ever understand

My eyelids flickered open and I took in my surroundings. I was still lying on my bedroom foor, pain where I had been hit or stabbed. I looked over at my clock on my bedside table. My eyes adjusted and I was able to see the time - 1.25pm.

Luckily, it was Sunday today, so I wouldnt have to make up another lie at school as to why I had all these cuts and bruises.

I managed to pick myself off the floor and into my ensuite bathroom. I looked at myself through the big square mirror opposite the door. The bath, toilet and towel rack situated to the right of the mirror and the shower and cabinet to the left. A big, blacky purple bruise surrounded my right eye with another on my left jaw line. My wavy brunette hair, with blonde tips, fell around my pale, thin face, fortunately, coverering most bruises. My normally sky - blue eyes, were bloodshot from all the tears that poured down my face last night. Marks from where they fell still visible. I hobbled over to the cabinet next to the door, pulled it open and reached inside till I found it. I shut and locked the bathroom door so he didnt burst in. When I was over the sink, with the blade in my hand, one swift move was all it took. Blood oozed from the newly formed cut on my left arm, just below my wrist. I made a few more and sighed at the relief it brought me. A smile showed on my face, and all the pain disappeared. Even if it was just for a few seconds. No one will ever understand how happy these few moments make me.