chapter 7 (optional but not really)

PAST

 Liam's dad was the general's right hand man. Although Liam didn't really like battle, he was expected to master it at the age of 15. He started training at age 8, while other boys started at age 10. Liam's father, Alum, was a proud man. On Liam's 16th birthday, he met someone he would never forget.

 On the day of his birthday, while Alum was bragging about his son, Liam walked to away from his party. He ended up near a cliff. He sat on the edge of it. He uttered some words and seconds later his sword turned into a staff! He grabbed the staff and threw it up in the air! It came back down as a duck!

 '' I see you're a magician'' a voice behind him said as Liam quickly turned the duck back into a sword and pointed it at the voice. It was princess Yvette! He dropped him sword and bowed.

 '' I am terribly sorry!" Liam apologized. The princess only smiled. '' Please don't tell anyone about this!" Liam begged. The princess looked confused.

 '' Why should it be kept a secret? Your magic is amazing!" Princess complimented. Liam shook his head.

 '' With all due respect princess, it isn't. A soldier is suppose to fight, not magic. Just like a princess is supose to rule and not fight-"

 '' What?!'' Princess asked." A princess can't fight?! Maybe not me but I can do a lot more things than just being a princess! Like......like......like. Well if you teach me how to use magic I would be honored!'' Liam's eyes widened. He kept silent for awhile hoping that the princess would confess that she was just kidding. Then he finally spoke.

 '' This- a princess can't learn magic! Its against the rules. I can't-"

 '' Rules my butt!!'' princess shouted.'' I have always loved magic! Not learning it would be like not learning how to walk! That's why you have to teach me!PLEASE!!'' There was another awkward silence. The first word that popped into Liam's mind was stuborn. But he understood her passion for magic. Liam sighed.

'' I'll think about it if you let me Princess Yvette" Liam answered. An enormouse smile rode across Yvette's face.