Chapter 8 // The Player Might Be Sweet After All

Andie's POV

I don't actually know why I find it hard to sleep. I'm not even drinking arizona at night anymore. It's 11 pm and I'm still wide awake. Duke,however,is already on his zzzs. I turned off my laptop and rubbed my eyes. The light from the outside struck our window which only gave light to one thing,and that is Duke's soccer ball. I don't get it why he's in love with this game.

I tried playing soccer during the summer since my cousin plays this a lot and I had a hard time playing it.

I set my laptop aside and tiptoed over to our window. I looked at the ball for a second and grabbed it. Maybe I could play a little before going to sleep. It wouldn't hurt,right?

I went outside the dorm area which is right next to the open field of our school. It was so dark and it kinda gives me the creeps but at least the light from our school's waiting shed isn't turned off.

I started to play tricks with my knees. And kicked the ball towards the net.

It was a little slippery because I think the sprinklers just turned down now. The grass was fresh and wet. I grabbed the ball again and kicked it with my feet which caused me to fall on my back.

"Oww" I whimpered.

But then,I tried again.

I made the ball twist between my two feet and then I hit it with my head. Wow,I actually do feel like one of those soccer players. Even though it's freaking cold outside,I had sweat running down my neck. This was exhausting,and I'm feeling a bit sleepy now. Maybe this is a good workout.

When I went back to my dorm room,I reminded myself to clean the ball first before returning it to Duke because he might think I used it without his permission.

After wiping it,I silently placed it back next to the window.

And now,it's time for beauty sleep.

-

I woke up with the scent of freshly made cappuccino. That smells totally amazing. I rubbed my eyes and turned to where the scent is coming from and I saw Duke holding one.

"Sup dawg!" I greeted him. He eventually chuckled and responded,"Yeah? Homie?"

I looked at my watch and saw that it was only 5:30 in the morning. Our school's coffee shop opens at 5 so maybe Duke head out early to buy cappuccino. "What's up with you last night?" he finally turned around from his chair and took a sip from his cup of cappuccino.

"What about last night?" I raised a brow.

"I saw you at the field. You know how to play soccer?"

"No. I just can't sleep last night so I played for awhile" I stood up and fixed my bed.

"I'm gonna talk to Coach Ethan and let you in! We totally need you bro." Okay,hold up. Didn't I just tell him that I'm not good at soccer? I can't even kick a ball properly!

"No no no and no! Duuude,I said I don't play!" I widen my eyes.

"Great. Tryouts will start at 11 am this morning. Attend the tryouts or else!" he point a finger at me and continued drinking his cappuccino. I rolled my eyes and sighed. What else do I have to live with?

-

"Sis,why didn't I saw you leave our house this morning?" so now,you can probably tell that I switched to my girl self already and my brother catched up with me at the hallways. 

"I left early" I blinked a couple of times and snapped my head to him. 

"Earlier than 6:30?"