Chapter 9 // Kale Smith or should I say "the love of thy life"

Andie's POV

Is it too much that I'm getting soooo much butterflies in my stomach equivalent to one direction's fans? I mean,Kale Smith is my 8th grade crush and until now,he's the only one who keeps this lovebug in me active.

It's kinda weird because after reading his reply on that crumpled paper,I just stared at it until dismissal. And that was when he finally spoke to me,"Hey Andie,wait up" he held me by my arm. 

Holy fucking shit. 

And that was when I finally started to blush. I can already feel the warmth creeping on my cheeks. 

I faced him and he smiled,"can I join you for lunch,later?" he asked. Why is it that whenever good things happen to me it's always a bad timing? How can I be with him for lunch if I have soccer tryouts by then? 

Damn you,Duke! 

I gave him a sweet smile,well of course I gotta look good!,and explained everything,"Uhm Kale,as much as I want us to eat lunch together,I think we gotta reschedule because...I have uhm I have to attend a book club meeting during lunchtime" 

Okay,I lied again,this is like setting up jenga. 

"Oh," he blinked, "sure,it's okay. Can I atleast walk you home or something? Is it okay?" he smiled again. Oh God,if he'll flash me one of those smiles again,I swear,I will die of too much butterflies in my stomach. I wonder why he became interested in me just now? 

I mean,we've been having the same classes together since the 7th grade. Why did he talk to me,just now?

You're going to over analyze this again Andie,won't you?

And there goes my inner voice again,sending such advices to myself. 

"S-sure. Are you sure it's okay?" I replied,walking slowly towards the door. 

"Yeah,it would be an honor to walk you home" he smiled but this time,I can see his dimples clearly.

He makes me weak. Especially on the knees. 

By that,he eventually said bye and walked along the hallways. Omg,I gotta message Cass,Monique and Paul about this. I grabbed my phone quickly from my jeans' pocket and sent a text for the 3 of them. 

To : My bitches 

Kale sorta talk to me and asked me if he could walk me home. Omfg I could literally die right now!!

-

11:00 AM. 

I immediately went straight to the girls' locker room and changed to my Eric clothes. Luckily,there's no girl in here since everyone's in our cafeteria. Aww I should be in there pigging out too :( 

I only wore a sweatshirt and Illyria's jogging pants. 

I don't know why but,even though I'm not really good at soccer,I'm hoping I could play as a first stringer. That would be totally cool. 

Almost dooone! I just need to smell like a dude. 

I took one of my brother's perfume which totally smells awful. The scent is too powerful that it almost caused me to choke on it. Is this really a perfume or a bug killer? 

"There" I smiled to myself. 

When I'm already walking towards the field,I already got a message from Duke saying,"Where are you? It's about to start!" I quickly typed a reply and sent,"I'm almost there! Hang on!" 

When I got to the field. Everyone was arranged in a row. And I saw Duke wearing his soccer uniform,I gotta admit,he looks gorgeous in his uniform. But I really don't know why I haven't tried anything on him. I don't get it why I really don't feel anything for him?