Days drifted by in a haze of monotony as I lounged around, yearning for time to speed up or for some random event to break the tedium. Lukas is a rather dull companion. He spent most of his days holed up in his room, having me nurse his injuries and rarely engaging in conversation. Kolton, on the other hand, was the more intriguing twin, with his witty remarks and lively demeanor. He was the only one in this peculiar household who seemed to tolerate my presence if only just a bit. Donald Trump, as I affectionately called him, remained as stoic as ever, and Lukas' cop sister remained a constant source of disdain.

My days at the house usually revolved around Kolton(when I'm not cleaning wounds and tending to Lukas' every fucking need), except for today. Lukas had insisted that I stay with him, though he hadn't offered a clear reason why. So there I was, perched in a chair by his window, avoiding eye contact with him and the sight of his injuries. My caregiving duties included preparing breakfast, tending to his wounds, and even assisting him in the shower. He seemed to be milking this situation, and I couldn't decide what annoyed me more – his helplessness or my own inability to do anything about it. Hiring someone to take care of him had crossed my mind, but with the debt I owed, it wasn't a viable option.

The absence of Monster and his henchmen had not gone unnoticed, and for once, I was actually grateful. Spending all this time at the twins' place seemed to have a few unexpected benefits. I was managing to keep a relatively low profile, avoiding any major trouble. Of course, I couldn't resist the urge to stir up some minor mischief now and then, which inevitably irritated those around me. However, it was nothing that would put my life in immediate danger or set me on the run. For that small mercy, I thanked my lucky stars.

"It's annoying, ain't it?" Lukas finally broke the silence. I turned to look at him in surprise, not expecting him to speak. He raised an eyebrow, his cold and savage tone underscoring his words.

"Yes, it is," I replied tersely.

"Maybe if I wasn't so badly injured, neither of us would be stuck here," he mused with a hint of bitterness. I scowled in response. Lukas had a talent for exuding negativity, and it grated on my nerves.

"Look, I get it, okay. I screwed up big time, and I'm sorry about that," I continued, my tone softening slightly. "But this is freaking bull. I mean, come on, man! Just send me to prison. At least there, I'd get some boy-on-boy action." I sighed wearily, not sure if my crude remark might actually land me in prison.

"Help me walk," Lukas finally requested, dispelling the tension in the room and ignoring everything I previously said.

"Say please," I retorted, arms folded across my chest. Lukas stared at me, and I held my ground.

"Can you just help me up? I need to use the bathroom," he conceded.

"You should go down and see your family instead of staying up here and staring at me all the damn time," I advised.

"I usually just stay up in my room. I don't need to see my family. They barely even care. Take me to the bathroom," Lukas replied and began to sit up. I groaned inwardly, realizing that this duty came with my new role as his reluctant caretaker.

I've never considered myself a die-hard family person, but being around the twins and their family was certainly an eye-opener. I couldn't fathom the idea of not wanting to see my family regularly. In fact, I moved out once, and I found myself returning home to visit my mother just two weeks later. The bond I shared with my family was something I couldn't live without, and it made me appreciate the simple but essential connections that family provides. It's amazing how different people's lives and priorities can be, and it's a reminder of the diverse ways in which we all navigate the world.