We didn't do anything wrong, so we were out before we knew it. I was still angry though. That beautiful stranger is a rat. I can't believe he would do that--but then again he's a snobby rich kid, all they know is to snitch. And they never pay for it. They have no consequences for their actions, why? Because they have money.

Well, not today.

I was sat in the passenger seat of the car, with Bird in the driver's and his two friends behind. They were both huge and tough; I think they street fight, I'm not sure. But the point is, they can fight. Bird is a good fighter as well. I was the only one in this car without any type of physical strength, so my job was to identify the guy. I'm usually the brains behind any operation..sort of. I'm not a fighter, I don't usually get physical. My mouth is my only weapon, which, quite frankly, is the reason I get into trouble in the first place. 

The car was parked across the street from a supermarket, in front of a flower shop. This part of town is usually busy, but this is the only place he would be. I checked their fridge last night and they really needed to go shopping. For some rich folks, they were struggling. They barely had anything in there. And I decided since he's probably the oldest sibling, he'll go shopping since his mother is obviously at work--hopefully, I'm right about all of this. We've been here all day, waiting and looking for him. I'll admit, it has been a very dreadful day, but I didn't care. I needed revenge. How dare he rat me out to the cops and think everything would be okay afterward? With that thought in mind, I didn't care that I was out there all day.

I stared out at the supermarket. Light poured out of the large building, but it didn't reach across their large car park--which was in front of the building--to the street. The streets were barely illuminated by the street lights, which was perfect. The shoppers won't see what's going on and neither would anyone else because the streets are empty and every other store along the road is closed.

The only thing that could potentially ruin this plan is if he has a car. If that is the case though and we lose him, we could always go back to his place. I know where he lives. Right now I think we have to go back to his place. We'd been sitting in the car for the entire day waiting for this kid, and everyone around me seemed aggravated.

I looked back at the two guys. They were both very big. Very Scary. I'm not sure where exactly Bird found these guys but they definitely look ready to get the job done. One was a redhead, with a thick red beard. His face was big, but his angry eyes were small. He seemed to have a permanent scowl on his face. The other was bald, and covered in tattoos -- even his head. He too seemed to be always upset. We sat here all day and not once did either of them even flash a smile. At this point, I don't even know if their facial muscles can contort to form a smile. But none of that mattered. They didn't come to smile, they came to fight, and even after sitting here all day, I could see they were ready. Ready to pounce. Ready to kill. I didn't want anyone dead, but I didn't mention that to them for fear of them wanting to kill me in lieu. My eyes went to Bird. He sat there and stared straight ahead, but I could see the annoyance in his eyes.

Bird is going to want to kill me as well. I've known him long enough to know that look. He'll defend me if the two in the back turn on me, but afterward, he'll skin me like a rabbit. And puny me wouldn't be able to do anything about it. So this snitch best gets his butt here.

I tapped my leg quickly and a sigh left my lips. I continued to stare outside. And just like that, just by some type of twisted God-sent blessings, I caught a glimpse of him walking down the street. I smirked. He didn't have bags in his hand. He walked with both arms swinging, not even a phone in his hand. He was dressed casually, with a backward cap on his head. He didn't look as angry as last night, and better looking, frankly, but I shoved that thought out of my head and I pointed him out to the guys. They didn't ask if I was sure or if I needed to double-check, they just went--hungry to kill. Shit.

I stepped out of the car as well but kept my distance as they went to him. Not before long they were in front of him and throwing punches at his face. The last look on his face before they began was a look of shock and fear. The bald one held him up while the other punched. All he could do was groan in pain. I blinked around to make sure no one was around still, making sure to remain slightly in the darkness, just in case someone was.  They threw him down and then began to kick him, making me wince slightly. I moved aside a bit to get a better view of what was really happening. He was groaning in pain, coughing blood, and still trying to utter the word "stop". The redhead, with the bushy beard, stepped on his foot and he shouted out in pain--that's definitely broken. They went down and continued to punch him, stood up, and kicked him in the stomach and probably the balls. I watched as they kicked and punched and broke until the guy wasn't moving, which worried me that maybe he was dead. Shit.

At that point, I wondered to myself "This needs to stop". The guy deserved a beating but now it seemed that these two Devils from hell were ready to put this guy to sleep.

I ran across the street and yelled at them to stop. I don't need a dead body on my hands. I grabbed at the large, redhead's meaty arm, to try to get him to back off but he didn't budge. He continued and his friend continued. My heart palpitated and I didn't really know what to do. What if he fricking dies?! Shit, shit, shit. The snitch continued to groan in pain, he rolled into himself and they still kept going. Bird was only looking on, but after seeing me try to pry them off him, he assisted as well, but it was to no avail. They are definitely going to kill this guy. I should run away.

They only stopped when a woman's voice pierced through all their grunting. She screamed first, then she began to yell at them to stop. I pulled Bird along and began to step backward. The woman drew closer and I don't know if the other two stopped what they were doing or not, but Bird and I broke out in a sprint. I was thankful for that lady, but I could not stick around. There is no way I'm going to get caught for this -- even if it was my idea. I never intended for it to get this far. What is this? Attempted murder? 

"Oh fuck," Bird called as he ran along with me. I couldn't help but laugh. I couldn't help it. And it only came out because of the adrenaline I get from running away from cops.  We ran around the supermarket and stopped behind it. We still need to go back for the car. We couldn't drive away in it, so we had to go back after we thought all the commotion was over. I don't know where buff #1 and buff #2 went but I don't really care. Bird is fine and so am I.

I dropped down to the ground and breathed loudly. Bird was staring upward and breathing loudly as well. Honestly, this isn't anything to us. We spent half our lives running--we're used to this. Someone is always chasing us and we're always running. It's a fun life to be honest.

"They probably got fucking caught!" Bird said with a chuckle. I rolled my eyes. What kind of fighters are they if they didn't run; if they got caught?

"Who cares?" I shrugged my shoulders. I got up from the ground and walked to Bird. I pat his back a couple of times, for no real reason, then began to walk again. We could either go home and come back or sit here and wait. We're going home because it's only sense.

____________

AN:

PLEASE NOTE:

THIS STORY IS UNEDITED. I WROTE IT WHEN I WAS SEVENTEEN.IT IS GOING TO BE SHORT, WITH A VERY WEAK-ISH PLOT. I ONLY POSTED IT BECAUSE I FOUND IT SLIGHTLY FUNNY. DON'T TAKE IT TOO SERIOUSLY. JUST ENJOY IT!