A slight interuption

What the fuck is this?....oh right..context..

So I was on iFunny under the Greek mythology tag and saw this...

Now,I'm all for representation and whatnot but this is a step too far, even by Tumblr's standards

Now,I'm all for representation and whatnot but this is a step too far, even by Tumblr's standards. Now there is no proof that Persephone was dark skinned, hell there's no proof she's white either ( those are European painting depicting what they deem is beauty not the Greeks). She is described to be "fair" which can just be beautiful in some cases, because in the rest of Europe fair= pale as fuck. Plus, she represents  the personification of vegetation ( with the whole spring and fall thing). Same goes for Gaea, who is literally the Earth personified. Hephaestus is lame( as in disabled physically) but aside from the occasional temper flare up, he's not mentally ill. Zeus is a rapist ( not going to defend that). Hades has no mental illness, he's just awkward. Eros is love personified, don't push. A vow of chastity =/= asexual, and the Greeks could care less about sexuality. All the nymphs are female, and  Thanatos is death personified, I explained this in his chapter. 

Moving on, the Today show got some jokes because....

Why is she white? For someone who ruled over Egypt from 1353–1336 BCE or 1351–1334 BCE, she's pretty pasty

Why is she white? For someone who ruled over Egypt from 1353–1336 BCE or 1351–1334 BCE, she's pretty pasty. Taking this with a grain of salt, Egyptian record keeping is pretty spotting when you have pharaohs deleting stuff from the previous ruler so they won't get out shined. With that said, no one can agree on how ancient Egyptians looked, for many reasons. For one, 2000+ years ago people could have looked completely different than how they would now, again, due to some spotty record keeping all around. Going back to the whole "what did ancient Egyptians look like", how they looked before the Greeks came in and after could be two different levels of melanin( basically the pigments that we deem as race). There were the Nubians to the south, and they could very well also represent part of the ancient Egyptian population, but not the Egyptians. How they look today could be a direct result of the Greek Ptolemaic dynasty of Egypt, established in 323 BCE, with Cleopatra being the last pharaoh. But to summarize, not saying they were white and I'm not saying they were black, if anything, they'd probably somewhere in the middle with some type of pigmentation. 

All I ask is that people actually do some fucking research. It's not that hard people.