Chapter 9: Best Friend Knows Best

Tap that VOTE and leggo!

Normani's POV

"What's she doing here?" Camila asked bluntly when Dinah and I reached the airport.

"Oh, didn't I tell you? Mani's gonna California with us!" Dinah said.

"With us?" I asked in surprise.

"Oops. Looks like I forgot to tell both of you," Dinah said casually, "Walz, Mani's gonna be staying at my house for the holidays. And Mani, Walz is my neighbor slash childhood BFF, so we always travel together."

I glared at Dinah for not telling me this earlier. I didn't like Dinah's friend one bit, and I didn't wanna hang out with her bitchy ass for two whole weeks.

"But why's she staying at your house for the holidays?" Camila asked.

"Mani's never been to California," Dinah said, "And I had an extra ticket cuz my cousin cancelled last minute so-"

"I didn't know you had cousins in New York," Camila interrupted.

"That's cuz you don't know them," Dinah said quickly.

"You have so much family throughout the country, it's hard to keep track," Camila said, rolling her eyes, "Anyway, I'm not sitting in the middle."

This Camila chick had so much attitude that I found it difficult not to roll my eyes and scoff at everything she said. I hadn't forgiven her for how she'd yelled at Lauren at the club. Plus, she hadn't even made direct eye contact or tried to engage in friendly conversation with me. She pretended like I was invisible and only talked to Dinah.

So, I was surprised when Camila asked, "Is that the Apadi travel document organizer from Amazon?" when I pulled out my passport holder to safely stow my boarding pass.

"Yeah," I said shortly.

"I have the same one in red wine!" Camila said excitedly, pulling out her deep red travel document organizer to show me.

"Cool. I was stuck between that color and my rose gold one," I said, surprised at Camila's excited reaction and trying to keep things friendly.

"Me too! I was going back and forth between those two colors for at least an hour."

"Same! I almost bought both."

"Me too!"

"Are you guys really geeking out over travel organizers?" Dinah asked warily.

"Yes. And if you hadn't lost the one I got for you, then you coulda been geeking out with us too," Camila retorted. Then she turned to me and said, "I got us matching organizers cuz she's lost her passport so many times. But she lost the fucking organizer in two hours."

"Do I look like the kinda geek that uses an organizer?" Dinah asked.

"No, you're the kind of geek that loses everything," Camila said, "Do you even know where your passport is right now?"

"It's right- oh crap!" Dinah said, frantically searching her backpack.

Camila rolled her eyes and opened her red wine travel document organizer to show me both her's and Dinah's passports. I couldn't help but laugh at their friendship dynamic. Camila wasn't as bad as I'd originally thought. We had a lot of things in common. In fact, we bonded so much over our OCD for keeping things well-planned and organized, that when Dinah was getting into the middle seat on the plane, Camila shooed her away and sat in the middle, just so she could continue our conversation about our favorite sheet protector brands.