Chapter 24: The Sleepover

Dinah's POV

"Awww, they had a sleepover!?" a voice whined, awakening me.

"Keep your voice down, Ry," another voice said.

"But Aunt Smallz," Ryder said in an urgent whisper, "Mommy and Normami had a sleepover without me! How is that fair!?"

I opened my eyes and winced at the sunlight pouring in from the windows. My head was dizzy and heavy with the aftermath of the previous night's alcohol intake. Beside me, Normani was stirring too. She opened her eyes and winced, then rubbed her temple and groaned faintly.

"Oh good, you guys are awake," Ally said as I sat up.

Ryder rushed into my arms and hugged me tightly, saying, "I missed you, mommy! Did you guys miss me!?"

No. I thought grumpily as the volume of her voice made my head ache. Nevertheless, I wrapped my arms around my baby and snuggled her on my lap.

"Mmm...I'm gonna throw up..." Normani croaked, before rolling out of bed and rushing to her bathroom.

"Is Normami going to have a baby!?" Ryder squealed excitedly near my ear.

"Not so loud, Ryder..." I winced, rubbing my temple.

"Sorry mommy..." Ryder whispered, "But is Normami going to have a baby?"

"What gave you that idea?" Ally asked.

"Kelsey said that people who throw up in the morning have babies in their tummy!" Ryder explained, trying to keep her excitement as quiet as possible, "Her mom threw up one morning and the next thing she knew she was growing a baby!"

"No Ry," Ally giggled, "Mani's tummy probably hurts because she drank too much."

"Speaking of which, I think I'm going to be sick too..." I said, feeling queasy. I tossed the kid off my lap and sprinted to the bathroom in my house.

After 20 minutes, I went downstairs, changed and refreshed, to find everyone in the living room. Ryder was drawing in her sketch book on the coffee table. Normani, who'd also changed into comfy clothes, was slumped down against the dining table with a cup of tea.

"For your hangover," Ally said, handing me a cup of steaming tea, "Anyway, I gotta go cuz Will and I are going to his parents' for the weekend."

After Ally left, I sat down beside Normani at the dining table with my tea.

Normani lifted her head, looking groggy and miserable, and said, "What happened last night?"

Normani pulled me against her body so suddenly that I had to grip her hips to keep my balance. Leaning in close, she slurred, "I need you..." and pressed her lips against mine.

I froze as a jolt of electricity shot up my spine, not knowing what to do.

"Hmm...Sssean pleeeaase..." Normani slurred, breaking off the kiss and slumping against me, "I need you..."

"Uhm...w-what's the last thing you remember?" I asked without meeting her gaze.

"Taking shots with Ally at the bar," Normani said, rubbing her temple, "I can't remember anything after that. How'd we get home?"

"Well...the fire alarm rang, so everyone cleared out. And then we just grabbed an Uber back. A-and then...uhm...I wanted to make sure you were okay through the night, so I slept over." I invented, relieved that she hadn't remembered anything about the kiss.

"Crap...I shouldn't have drank that much. Sorry you had to take care of me. I ruined your night with that guy, didn't I?"

"Oh...uhm...don't worry about it."