Chapter 23: Baby Boy

A/N: I had the biggest writer's block on how I wanted this scene to go. Choreographing a dance scene in writing is hella hard, but I channeled every cheesy dance movie, so hopefully you guys like it!

PS: The girls who're apart of the dance crew are the main leads from the five Step Up movies [eyes emoji]

Dinah's POV

It was the most awkward clubbing experience of my life.

First off, I was wearing a short, form-fitting clubbing dress for the first time in years, so I kept tugging at the hem self-consciously, wanting it to hide my thick thighs.

Second, I was not at all feeling the club atmosphere. Once upon a time, I lived for nights out like these: the loud music, the harmless flirting, getting guys to buy you and your girls drinks, laughing with your friends, and dancing without any restrictions. But these 7 years of having responsibilities had wrenched the fun out of me, and today, the club scene was making me feel extremely anxious.

Third, Normani had hoped that this would be a good team bonding experience, but our spawns of Satan dancers were barely conversing with us. Ally, Normani, and I were sitting at one corner table, while the dancers talked amongst themselves in different, scattered groups around the club.

And last, was Normani herself. She was dressed in a short, black, form-fitting dress that enhanced her curves in all the right places. Her sleek hair was down and enticing and her high heels highlighted her sexy legs. She looked so sexy that I couldn't stop myself from looking at her.

"Dinah!"

"Dinah!"

"Huh!?" I startled hard.

"What're you staring at?" Ally asked.

"N-nothing," I said, quickly tearing my gaze away from Normani's butt, which had been protruding beautifully as she bent over the bar to order drinks on the other side of the club.

Unfortunately, Ally caught me and said, "Don't be shy. I've been sneaking glances at Mani's butt too."

"Wh-what? I wasn't- Wh-what'd you mean you too? You're not a secret lesbian! A-are you?"

"Who said you had to be a lesbian to enjoy a fine piece of ass? Will and I always point out boys and girls we think are eye candy. It's a sign of a healthy relationship."

"Okay. Fine. But Mani's our friend, not a piece of ass," I said, slightly irritated that Ally was looking at Normani's butt too. If Ally was looking that means others might be looking too, and I didn't like others looking at Normani like that.

"She coulda been a piece of meat with the way you were staring at her with that hungry look," Ally said savagely, "I think you need to take a boy home before you attack Mani's engaged ass."

"Shut up!" I said defensively, an embarrassed blush rising to my cheek, "I wasn't-"

"What're you guys talking about?" Normani asked, approaching us and placing three drinks on the table.