Chapter 21: There's Only Room For One Bitch

A/N: I hope you guys recognized Cassie. She's a famous singer (Me & U was my middle school ringtone lol), but she also played the bitch of the school in Step Up 2: The Streets! That's the only reason she's the bitch in this fic, otherwise I LOVE her.

Dinah's POV

We'd crossed one hurdle by getting Keke and the board to approve of me as Normani's co-director, but I knew convincing the spawns-of-Satan dancers wasn't going to be easy. In fact, I was so anxious and nervous about leading the spawns of Satan again that I didn't sleep well the night before.

"Hi Dinah! How's your day going?" Normani said brightly when I entered the dance studio before rehearsal.

"Since when do believe in time-wasting small talk??" I said with a small smile, thinking about how I used to give her hell for not being into asking people about their days.

Normani laughed, no doubt remembering the old days, and said, "Since some annoying ass gave me a hard time about not being friendly."

"Rude," I said with a laugh, rolling my eyes.

"You didn't answer the question," Normani said as I sat down beside her to stretch, "How's your day going?"

"Good," I lied, "Yours?"

"Not as good."

"How come?"

"Cuz my dance partner just lied to me. You see, she's having a bad day, but she's trying to cover it up."

"How can you tell?"

"You look horrible," Normani said bluntly.

"Thanks," I mumbled grumpily.

"What's the matter, Dinah? Bad day at the restaurant?"

"No," I said quietly, trying to keep my anxiety at bay.

"Are you nervous about facing the dancers?" Normani asked perceptively. And when I didn't say anything, she caressed my arm gently and added, "Don't worry, Dinah. You'll be fine. You're not alone this time. You're with me, remember?"

"Yeah..." I said, trying to smile despite my true feelings.

Normani looked at me for a few silent seconds, before standing up, "Come on. Get up."

"What?"

"Come on. Get up. I know what you need," Normani said, trying to pull me up by the hands.

I got up with her help, saying, "And what do I need?"

"Alternative stretching to get your mind off of things," Normani said, walking to the stereo controls.

"Alternative stretching?" I asked, confused.

But Normani just smirked and plugged in her iPod. At once, the Cha Cha Slide filled the room and I was taken back to the time when I'd played the same song to make Normani feel better.

"Come on, Hansen! Let's see if you can keep up. Dance with me," Normani said, taking both of my hands and leading us to the center of the studio.

I laughed and started following DJ Casper's instructions, trying to loosen up. I appreciated what Normani was trying to do, but I wasn't really feeling it. I was still really anxious about meeting the spawns of Satan. So, while Normani danced to multiple dance craze songs enthusiastically, I joined her half-heartedly.

When Hit the Quan came on, Normani excitedly squealed, "Oh my God, Dinah! Do you remember when we blew off group rehearsal to choreograph this song with our dancers?"