Sylvy Town, Here I Come!

I quickly got to the pokemon centre from where I healed my Butterfree. Ralts was super-excited like I was, but we had to meet mom first. So we bid farewell to mom. Now, we headed to Sylvy town.
This was it! My first gym battle. But first, training. I walked through the grass. Ralts was outside, walking behind me. All of a sudden, a Poochyena pounced on us!
"Go, Butterfree! Confusion!"
Butterfree flew up and attacked, but nothing happened. I checked my pokedex. Apparently, it doesn't affect Poochyena.
"Gust, Butterfree!"
My Butterfree dodged a bite from the Poochyena and used Gust. Poochyena was lifted off the ground. He landed in a bush.
I threw a pokeball. The Poochyena was inside now. It was struggling inside. I saw the pokeball flashing. It was a matter of luck.
The red light faded. Yes! I had done it!
I called back Butterfree and Ralts, and walked through the grass again, heading for Sylvy town.
All of a sudden, a Butterfree appeared. Great, I thought. More training.
"Go, Ralts! Quick Attack!"
Ralts smashed into the Butterfree. It fell down and fainted. I continued walking. Soon, we reached Sylvy town. I took a trip to the pokecentre and visited the pokemart. I bought two extra pokeballs and set off to challenge the Sylvy gym. It was a bug-type gym, so I might be fighting against Butterfrees or Beedrills.
But as I reached the front door, I was confronted by a man! He was wearing a blue shirt and pants, and had a belt with two pokeballs on it. There was a word printed on his shirt: Mystic.
"Hand over your Ralts, boy! Or battle me!"
"I'd rather battle you than give you my pokemon!"