Chapter 2 The Blood Clan

Picture of the queen Lilith.

The next day, Ethan and the others had opened the entrance to the temple, and Ethan was the first one to enter and see the inside of this wonder. But when he looked around at this lost marvel, he became very confused, namely because all of the artifacts were not what he expected, so he looked around for the next 20 minutes then shouted upward towards the group to pull him up.

"Guys?" Ethan shouted as he stared at a painting of Lilith, and when there no reply, he yelled even louder. "Guys!!!!!?" But there was still no answer, so Ethan decided to get a closer look at the portrait, and he saw that it said, "Lilith, queen of the vampire race." At first, Ethan thought that he had misread the symbols, so he decided to read them again. But before he had another chance to look at the painting, Ethan heard screaming, which was immediately followed by a barrage of gunfire and he knew that something had to be wrong.

He grabbed the rope that he used to get down, and quickly climbed up to see what was going on, and as Ethan got out of the entrance he saw the workers trying to flee, but being shot down and killed by people who resemble those of the military. Ethan got out of the hole very carefully and ran towards his tent, but making sure to not be noticed by whomever took over the camp.  Then, when he reached his tent, he sees two of the men who invaded the camp, and notices that they both have a strange tattoo on their left arms, that resembled two fangs with what looked like a drop of blood on the right fang.

Ethan quickly and quietly entered his tent, and looked around for his jacket that contained within the left inside pocket, a phone that Ethan could use to call for help, so Ethan called the one person he knew he could trust.

Another professor at the University of Chicago named, Professor Roger Wong. Professor Wong had just finished his last class of the day, when he heard his telephone ringing in his office, and went to answer it. "Professor Roger Wong." He answered. "Professor!" Ethan said in a very excited tone. "Ethan? Is that you? Where are you? Your mother has been calling me for the past four weeks straight." Ethan gave a strange look, when the professor asked where he was. "Professor don't you remember? Professor Wihn, has taken me, Sara, Jason, and Jake on a dig in Egypt."

When Ethan said those words professor Wong did not respond for a short while, his face changed drastically, it was almost as if he had heard one of his student's had been found dead. Ethan looked at the phone for a moment, then held it to his ear again.  "Professor, are you still there?" The professor soon snapped out of it, and answered. "Yes, Ethan, I'm here,  listen to me very carefully. Wihn is no longer a professor,  we had discovered that he was part of an ancient cult called the Blood Clan, so we fired him............ Two days before you and the three students you just mentioned went missing." Ethan looked puzzled for a moment, then asked Wong something that would soon chill him to the bone. "Who are the Blood Clan?" Ethan asked. "The Blood Clan are a fanatic group of people, who believe a legend about a vampire queen who was apparently imprisoned by her own kind, and think if they revive her she will make them immortal as a reward."

Ethan thought for a second and asked Wong a question that would soon horrify him. "Professor? I have to ask you something." Wong said to Ethan. "Go ahead Ethan." "The blood clan wouldn't happen to have a tattoo that looks like a pair of fangs with blood dripping off one fang would they?" "Yes they would. Why?" Asked Wong. "Our camp has been taken over by them." Wong then shouted. "What?!" Ethan had to take the phone away from his ear for a second and winced in pain at the volume of Wong's screaming voice. He then brought the phone back to his ear and told Wong.  "I'll tell you about that later. Look my other question is, this vampire queen. Her name isn't Lilith is it?" Wong had a puzzled look on his face for a moment and answered. "Yes, her name was Lilith De Sani. Ethan how do you know that?" Ethan then answered. "The dig were doing out here. It was supposed to be finding one of the lost temples of Anubis, but when I went inside I saw pictures of Lilith." Wong thought for a moment and asked Ethan. "Ethan, did Wihn ever say something to you about the Ra mark?" Ethan thought for a second and replied. "Yeah he did. He gave me a tattoo of it. Said it was for good luck. Why?"

Wong began breathing heavily for a bit and told him the truth about the mark. "Ethan that tattoo is a symbol. Whoever the Blood Clan mark with it is said to be the one they plan on sacrificing to Lilith." Ethan looked up in blank space in terror, as he and Wong both knew what this meant for Ethan.