Chapter 7 The release

As Ethan's captors quickly hurried to get him to the base, Hassid was following them from a safe distance, and when they reached the base, two soldiers took Ethan who was beginning to heal to a secret underground laboratory, where doctor, Mavis Brown, was waiting for them. "So...." The doctor said as Ethan was being strapped down by the two soldiers who brought him in. "This is the new one?" She said while looking at the soldiers. "Yes ma'am." One of the soldiers said in a British accent. "We just recently caught him two hours ago." "Excellent." The doctor said as she was filling out paperwork on a clipboard. "Now then, you both know the procedure." The doctor said to the two soldiers. "Yes ma'am!" They both said as they saluted her then left.

As the doctor was preparing to take a blood sample, she heard a groaning noise. Ethan was starting to wake up. "Well....." Doctor Brown said as Ethan started opening his eyes. "Welcome, sir. I can see that you might be a little confused,  so let me just cut to the chase.  I am Dr. Tiffany Brown, and you my dear boy are here because of what you are." "What I am?" Ethan asked still a little groggy.  "Yes, what you are. You are a vampire, an apex predator. Top of the food chain.  Your kind are powerful,  strong, and can live forever and never have to worry about aging. Now the  US government is very interested in your kinds abilities. And so are the other nations of the world, my job is to see if there is a way to extract these powers from your kind  without having someone turn into one of you. And you are going to  help me do it." "And if I refuse?" Ethan said confidently. "My boy you don't have a choice in the matter.  Besides that,  you are just one of dozens of vampires we've captured . We have taken every precaution, so you have no chance of  escape. If I were you, I'd be happy that I am going to help my fellow Americans." She says cheerfully. "Yeah, nothing like being turned into a science experiment to brighten my day." Ethan said angrily.  "Well,  however you want to look at it, it's up to you.  Either way we will get what we need. And there isn't a thing you can do to stop it." 

The doctor then signaled for two guards to wheel him away. Ethan was stripped of his clothing and forced into a large containment area. Once there he saw other prisoners,and instantly knew that they were vampires, and that he would probably never get out alive.

THE EVIL DOCTOR.