Chapter 5 Ethan's Search.

Ethan rounded up the bodies and body parts of the dead and burned them, before he put the bodies of Lilith, Jake, Wihn, Sara, and Jason back into Lilith's tomb. Then he found some dynamite and decided to make sure no one would ever release Lilith or the others. He lit the fuse near the entrance, and when it blew, the sound could be heard from at least 20 miles. Then after he blew up the entrance, he turned around and saw the burning remains of the camp. He knew that he could leave no trace that anyone was here so he grabbed a torch and he burned all the remaining tents to the ground. Then he found a truck that belonged to the Blood clan, so he grabbed his belongings, took it and drove off for the nearest town from where he was, which is a small town called Nairobi.

It took him two days to reach his destination, the sunlight did not seem to have an effect on him, and when he finally arrived he checked himself into a hotel and took a shower, but as he had gotten out of the shower. Ethan felt a strange presence and when he turned around he saw a young Egyptian man standing in front of him.

"Who are you? How did you get in my room? My door is locked." The young man chuckled and said as he walked towards Ethan. "My name is Hassid. And to answer your other question, our people do not need doors, Ethan." Ethan looked shocked for a second and began to back away as the man began to move towards him more and more. "What do you mean our people?" Hassid sighed heavily and said. "Ethan....... Let's not pretend that you were not turned into a vampire by the queen of all the vampires." As he said this, Ethan looked at him with fright. "So you're a...." "Vampire?" The young immortal said. "Yes, I am. In fact I've been a vampire for the past four thousand years. Let me show you."

As Hassid closed his eyes and looked down, and quickly back up his eyes had turned pitch black and he showed his fangs. As Ethan saw the vampire's transformation he said. "Wait a minute. Your eyes, are pitch black. When I saw Lilith, Wihn, and the others eye's, they were all different colors. I mean Lilith's eyes glowed red, but my teacher and my friends and Sara's eyes were all purple. Why were there eyes different colors?" Hassid sat down and told him the reason. "A vampire's eye color determines his age or power." "What do you mean?" Ethan asked. "You said Lilith's eyes glowed red right?" Ethan shook his head yes. "Well red eyes is for vampires who are old. I'm talking ancient, like at least forty thousand years old, or more. And there are not that many of them. Now purple eyes means that they were newly turned. Over time their eyes would have changed to pitch black." "Wait a minute...." Ethan paused Hassid to say. "Look, I'm sure that whatever you are about to tell me is a fascinating story. But I don't really care. All I want is to forget it ever happened." "Look, Ethan I know it may seem scary at first but trust me being a vampire is....." "I don't care!" Ethan said angrily. "I don't care about being a vampire! I don't care about anything that has to do with vampires at all! I just want to forget it ever happened!!"

As Ethan began to get upset, and as he started panting heavily from the anxiety, his eyes started to turn blue. Hassid looked at his eyes and said. "How are you doing that?" "Doing what?" Ethan asked. "You said that your friend's eyes were purple right?" Hassid had asked him. "Yeah? So?" Ethan asked sort of suspiciously. "Well your eyes glow blue. Blue eyes, much like red eyes are usually not found on someone who is not at least eighty to ninety thousand years old, or an elder." As Ethan looked puzzled he asked Hassid. "Wait a minute, what's an elder?" Hassid sighed and sat down and decided to start at the beginning. So he told the history of the vampires.