Chapter 4......Common Enemys

After Jack burst thru the cafeteria doors it was almost impossible to keep up. "Wait Jack, Jesus can you wait up a sec!" I yelled after him as he boarded off. All I heard behind me were murmurs and snickers from the cafeteria before the doors slowly shut behind me. I rolled my eyes and kept forward. Jack turned just to see who it was calling his name but then shook his head when he saw it was me. "Wait, hey wait up will ya? Damn!". Then he stopped dead in his tracks with a dramatic sigh. "Dude what? Why are you even out here? Shouldn't you be bussing it up with everyone else in there?" "No, it's not.. Will you lose the attitude", I firmly cut him off. "I just wanted to see if you were ok". I attempted a half smile as I came closer until I was two feet from him. Jack side eyed me with one eye brow up and his arms folded defensively. "Why? What's in it for you?" he says. "Nothing. So what, you tripped, big deal. I'm honestly just sick and tired of peoples shit as you can imagine..." "Like Amber Crossland's?" he said cutting me off with mistery meat hanging from his chin. "Ummm yea, she's definitely up there but how did you...?". "Being the school outcast nobody ever notices me unless I'm doing something cool with my board. Therefore, they say what they want openly without all the petty whispering around. Saw the whole thing between you and Amber this morning and let me tell you, she does not like you at all" he said slightly shaking his head with a  smirk. "Yes, I know this, but she can choke on it for all I care". Jack lightly chuckled. Its good to see him smile for once, usually the only time he does is when he lands a new trick in the schools parking lot. I looked into his wideset green eyes and return the smile. "So what are you gonna do about it" he says picking off the food in his medium length wavy ginger hair. "Well, what do you mean?" I said dumbfounded. "Well like you said, your sick and tired of peoples shit so why don't you do something about it." he says with a devilish smile. Now its my turn to look at him suspiciously but before I could say another word the bell rings for lunch to be over. "Hey look, I gotta run to class before Mrs. McShane gets on my ass about being late again, can NOT do another detention with that women, but think about what I said and I'll see you around yea?" He winked without another word and disappeared into the crowd of students.