Part 6

Ben panted slowly as I laid on top of his lanky figure. His chest rose up and down, and I did the same. As he began to catch his breathe, I started to get out and motioned for him to do the same. He nodded his head in agreement as I grabbed a semi-clean towel from the rack. I shook off the dust and began to dry my hair.

He followed close behind as he grabbed the last towel and dried off. I looked down for our clothes, but found that our little 'fun' had caused some splashing and our clothes were soaked. I sighed in frustration.

"What's wrong?" His voice quivered. Most likely from our experience.

"Our clothes are soaked." I giggled out, after I decided that it wasn't a big deal. We had more important issues.

Ben looked down and shook his head from side to side.

"Might as well try to find some new ones in here." I said as I wrapped the towel around my dripping wet body.

Ben nodded and we began on our search for new clothes. As we scaled the stairs, we heard groaning from outside. Must be a herd passing through. As long as we be quiet we're fine, so we continue our trip to the bedroom, with more caution.

As we open the door to the master bedroom, Ben pointed to the dresser on the left of the room and walked over there, pulling a drawer open and picking out a pair of jeans and t shirt. It was a white shirt with a simple pair of jeans. Nothing fancy, but effective.

"The closet has some women clothes in it." He said as he sat on the bed.

I waved a hand in acknowledgement and opened the sliding door and saw dresses and fancy clothing that was NOT suited for an apocalypse. I shook my head and began pushing clothing back, looking for one shirt and pair of jeans, but of course, the closest thing I had found was a skirt that looked like Carly's and a purple long sleeved shirt.

"My god was this women not prepared for the end of the world," I said as I rolled my eyes.

As Ben laughed, I took off my towel and changed as fast as I could. I looked down at my clothes clad body and shook my head.

" This is extremely unpractical." I stated matter of factly, as I sighed.

" Well, if it helps, I think you look nice." He said as he sent me a half smile.

"Sure... " I laughed and began to walk out of the bedroom. Ben following close behind me.

I scaled down the stairs and grabbed the icepick that we managed to escape with and walked out of the house through the back door.

" We need food and water, and we have neither. Wanna go on a run with me?" I asked as I looked through the fence scanning the road.

" I guess, no choice is there?" He asked.

" Nope." I said as I began to climb the fence.

'Oh boy, was this going to be fun.'

So i'm not dead???? Surprising huh? Expect it to be updated once a day for the next week, and if I forget remind me, k???