Twelve

(pic: Justin, Joey, JC and Chris. Feat. JC's bellybutton 😄❤)

Though they had a huge tour to prepare for, the guys still had other concerts to do on the sidelines. And in ten minutes, they'd be on stage for such an occasion.

Justin, Joey, Lance and Chris all took huge sips of water from their water bottles and stretched a little, making small talk with one another. JC sat on a couch, staring into nothingness.

It was a week since he had been in the hospital, but it seemed he was almost in the same state of illness. Nevertheless, he'd agreed to do this mini gig for the fans. No one had objected, even though it probably wasn't the best idea.

The guys goofed around and psyched each other up in the remaining five minutes. They could hear screams of fans, and it seemed to add to their excitement.

Joey Fatone was in a corner practicing little dance moves just to make sure he was ready. JC watched him for awhile.

"You guys are on in a minute," their concert manager said, entering their room a few minutes later. "Let's go line up."

As JC watched Joey, a thought suddenly hit him and he almost choked at the idea of it. "Joey!" he called. But no one heard him as they all rushed out in their excited trots. JC followed them, trying to get ahead of the others to catch up to Joey.

"Hey, Joey---" he called once again. Joey still did not hear him. The boys were all shouting now as they got nearer to the stage. Whoever was up there said a very loud "THE MOMENT YOU'VE BEEN WAITING FOR! PLEASE WELCOME NSYNC!!"

There it was again. The cheers. The chants. The flurry of bright signs that fans held up.

The guys rushed up, waving at everyone and touching a few hands of fans gathered at the front. JC took a deep breath and decided to try and act cool. Like always.

"JCCCCC!" Someone yelled immediately. They threw an envelope to the stage. JC stepped over it, going to the center of the stage.

The guys got in position for the first song, already breathing fast. JC eyed Joey. He tried to make it look unnoticeable. He couldn't get Joey's attention.

Oh damn...

Justin was doing the finger signal for the timing. Then they all burst out.

"You're all I ever wanted. You're all I ever needed. So tell me what to do now. Cuz I want you back."

The crowd erupted in cheers as the music began. Everyone seemed so hyped.

Justin's verse was first and he began to sing. The other guys did their moves. JC thought fast.

How do I tell Joey I'm not going to do the part when me and Chris flip? How?? It's impossible.

JC did everything he was supposed to do so far. The moves were easy, the song did not require complicated dancing. Then it was time for the chorus again. Everyone was in their correct place.

JC's heart started to beat faster as they repeated the words. "You're all I've ever wanted.... "

Oh no. It was coming. In a few seconds. What was he gonna do?

Then there it was. "Cuz I want you back..." JC kept his head down, noticing Chris getting into position by Lance to do his flip. Joey was eyeing JC, wondering why he wasn't coming over to him.

"JC!" Joey hissed. JC shook his head slightly at him, just doing a small dance move to make up for it. He refused to make eye contact with any of the fans. Would they even notice he didn't do the flip?

Joey made up a small dance move himself, giving JC the stink eye. JC knew inwardly he was saying, "What the hell is your problem?"

But then the moment was over and JC twirled into the middle to sing his verse.

"Baby I remember, the way you used to look at me.. "

Either the other boys hadn't noticed the mess up, or they were just ignoring it. JC's voice shook a little as he finished the verse.

When the song was over, stage hands brought out stools for them to sit on as Justin gave an amusing introduction which lasted about five minutes.

Then they were up again, dancing and singing their hearts out.

Almost 50 minutes later, they were finally done, and fans started to leave. The guys stepped over numerous things littered over the stage that people had thrown.

"If there's any money, give it to me." Chris said jokingly to the stage hands.

JC followed the rest backstage to their dressing room. As the rest stripped of their sweaty clothes to change, JC twiddled around, pretending to be busy.

"JC, what the hell was that on the first song?" Joey said, as he slipped on a clean t-shirt. When his head appeared again, JC met his gaze.

"I forgot --- the move," he fibbed. Joey smirked.

"Yeah whatever. I saw you keep looking at me before we got to that part." Joey slipped on jeans. "You didn't forget about it."

The guys were staring at him and he turned away from their vision. He gave no answer to his band mate.