1

Ariana 💕

"You are, unforgettable! I need to get you alone!" I sang out loud.

Kyle was in the kitchen making himself a pregame meal. He was on his way out the door for the Lakers game.

I walked up behind him, grabbing his waist and dancing with him. He laughed at my foolishness. When the song finished, I stopped.

I release him, letting him finish up his meal. I stood beside him, watching.

"No carrots?" I ask.

He shook his head. I give him the face.

"Every other time I eat carrots, can I at least do something else this time?" He said.

I continue with the face. He bent down a little and kissed my forehead. I sigh, rolling my eyes.

"I know carrots are your favorite vegetable, but that doesn't mean they have to be mine." He said.

"You like cauliflower." I say.

"And you hate it. That makes two of us." He said.

I shake my head, chuckling a bit. He packed up his food and set it aside. He then turned to face me. I sat on the counter.

"So how many points are you gonna score for me tonight?" I say.

"As many as you want me to." He said.

"Hmmm...let's go for 17." I say, with my finger on my chin.

"Why not 20?" He asked.

"If you can go for 20, be my guest. 17 is my goal, 20 is yours." I say.

He shook his head at me, smiling. I smile back.

"I'll be court side watching and cheering you on." I say.

"Thanks Ari." He said.

"No problem Kuz." I say.

He kisses my cheek. I sigh.

"What?" He said.

"How come you don't kiss me? On my lips I mean." I say.

He shrugs.

Kyle is never affectionate. He doesn't kiss me on the lips, he barely hugs me and we still have yet to say I love you. I've said it before, but he just kinda shrugged it off. And we never talk about sex. Ever.

"Can I kiss you?" I ask.

He shakes his head.

"Why not?" I say.

He shrugs and I frown.

Ugh! 😒.

*****

I sat court side at the Lakers game, clapping and cheering whenever a shot was made or a block was maneuvered. Kyle was on fire tonight; scoring 10 points so far in just 3 minutes.

The girl sitting beside me was going nuts for Kyle, cheering louder than ever. She even went as far as yelling 'I love you!' to him, in which she received a wink in return.

So she could get a wink, but I can't get a response? Remind me why we're together again.

I sat in my seat the rest of the game; arms crossed, legs crossed, stoic facial expression. I was no longer interested in the game. I'm sure the camera caught my face several times.

After a foul, Kyle had to inbound the ball. He came over toward me, where he had to stand. He bent down in a ready position.

"What happened to you?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"I'll talk to you after the game." He said.

After that, the ref blew the whistle, handing Kyle the ball. Then Kyle threw it in to Lonzo. The game resumed afterwards.

I sat there through the rest, not once changing my expression.

The Lakers lost. And the last thing I expected was for my long time friend, Jayson Tatum, to walk over to me. I was standing up to leave when he did.

"What's up? You looked upset the whole game." He said.

"It's nothing. Just a couple issues to aggravate me." I say.

"Wanna talk about it later or are you gonna be fine by then?" He asked.

I chuckle.

"Since you're so nosy, we can talk about it later." I say.

He laughed.

"Alright then. I'll talk to you later then." He said.

I nod, grinning. He gave me a hug, then made his way to the locker room to freshen up.

*****

"So are you gonna tell me what's up?" Kyle asked.

I shake my head again.

"Ariana." He said.

I nod for him to continue.

"Tell me what's wrong." He said.

"It's nothing." I mumble.

He sighs.

"Why do you want to know so bad anyway?" I mumble.

"Because whatever it is, is going to eat you up inside unless you tell me." He said.

I shrug.

"It wouldn't matter anyway." I say, avoiding eye contact with him.

He shakes his head, disagreeing with what I just said.

"If you tell me, we could fix the situation." He said.

"How come the fan next to me gets a wink when she says I love you to you, but I can't even get a response back?" I say, just blurting it out.

He sat there, looking at me for a while.

"Is this seriously what this is about?" He asked.

"Yes." I say.

He laughed, like it was a joke. I was deadass.

"Ariana really?" He said.

"It's not funny Kyle." I say.

"It is. It actually is." He said.

I puff out a breath, crossing my arms.

"So wait, you mean to tell me you're upset because I haven't said I love you to you?" He said.

"Yes." I say.

He shakes his head, trying not to laugh again.

"That's really dumb." He said.

"Kyle, seriously? It feels like you don't even wanna be with me. You don't express your feelings, ever. You don't kiss me, you give me bootleg hugs and sex is literally out of the question." I explain.

He looked at me.

"Ariana, you really can't be serious." He said.

"I'm 100% serious." I say.

He sighs.

"If you don't want to be with me, just say it." I say.

"This conversation is over." He said.

"Well I'm bringing it back up; say the word and I'll step." I say.

"I'm not having this conversation with you again." He said.

"Well if we don't, we minus well just consider ourselves single." I say.

He looked at me, shaking his head. Before he could say anything, the waitress was coming to us with our food.

"I lost my appetite." I say.

I push my plate away, standing up and walking to the bathroom.

I can't stand the silence anymore. I need to know the truth behind his ways.