55

Thursday, November 22nd, 2018

Ariana 💕

I open my apartment door, revealing my twin sister and my nephew Carter. She immediately embraced me.

She releases me and I let her in. I closed the door behind her and lock it. She placed Carter's baby bag and car seat on the kitchen counter. This is the first time I'm seeing my nephew in person.

"Wow Ri. He's beautiful." I say, caressing his soft skin.

He was currently asleep.

"Thanks Ari." She said.

I smile, kissing his tiny hand.

"I love him like he's my own." I say.

She laughs.

"He just turned 3 months the 10th of this month. Time is really flying by." She said.

"Honestly. It's like he was just born yesterday." I say.

"Exactly." She said.

I grin. She sat down on the chair at the counter and I walked around to the other side, about to get us glasses of water.

"So how are you?" She asked.

"I'm okay." I say.

"You sure? You don't look it." She said.

I give a broken smile.

"If I knew I'd tell you." I say, handing her a glass of water.

She thanked me and I sat beside her with my own. We both looked at baby Carter for a while before she spoke up again.

"I may have threatened him." She said.

"Nothing new." I say, sipping from my glass.

She chuckled.

"I mean, he deserved it. He hurt my twin sister. The same person I shared the womb with." She said.

I shrug.

"I guess I'm fine. I mean....I've been through worse." I say.

"Really?" She asked, knowing that I was lying.

I shook my head no.

"Exactly. Every break up you've gone through was much different than this one. He cheated once, you gave him a pass. Then all of a sudden he just wants to up and leave you like that? He better be glad that a threat was all I gave him because he would have a bullet in his ass right now." She said.

I laugh.

"Daddy ain't teach me how to shoot a gun for no reason." She said, shrugging.

"You are too much." I say.

"Only for the people I love most. Hurt them, I hurt you." She said.

I grin.

She's always been like this.

*****

I sat on the couch with baby Carter in my arms. I took a picture of him on my Snapchat. I save it and post it on IG.

 I save it and post it on IG