Fifth Entry: REVENGE, Masquerade of Grinning Masks

REVENGE, Masquerade of Grinning Masks

Genre: non-fiction

Prompt Choice: Masqerade of Grinning Masks 

The vociferous, yet tranquil drip drop of rain echoes through the ballroom hall. It was a loophole of humans enjoying the night while romantically slow dancing with others; but for me, it was rather comforting, for my heart was... how should I say this, crushed? It was cliché for me to voice that out for I was the girl with the frigid-stricken heart. But there's something wrong, I realized I wasn't that cold girl but rather, a vulnerable weakling which I loathed to be. Water droplets seep through the glass walls as I lean over and watch them race to fall down. How stupid of them, I could've won already, for I, already had faltered... hard that my wings covered in crimson blood broke in pain. It was a false gratification of my own make-believe.

Everything you're reading right now is what a LITERALLY HARD CORE cold hearted girl who doesn't care if someone dies in front of her is feeling when melted by another cold hearted human. A paradox, aren't I?

♘♞

First to fall, loses? What a cliché theme. I hated boys, for the more they know you're falling, the farther they'll push you off themselves down the cliff. With this, I don't fear any kind of falling game.

The night was cold, almost wintry yet with no snow. We watch the smoldering inferno of the campfire as I warm my hands beside the man who caught my eyes by the first sight, and struck my heart without much effort. He was distinct than normal guys I knew. At least, that's what I thought of.

We were playing the game of ignorance for we haven't talked to each other since the time he said 'We drifted apart.' and held my hand. And now, for the million skipped and ignored chances we forced away, we were sitting together in silence as we too, can only afford to make a joke to the other people around us and laugh on each other's humor indirectly. Well, most of our own given silence was filled with a sigh. Only there were hidden feelings. Of course, what I knew was only mine for the million times I tried to read his mind; I find nothing but confusing signals.

My frozen hands strum the heartstrings of the guitar as to ease my nervousness. I feel his eyes staring at my whole body. I miss the feeling it gives off, for I thought he isn't doing anymore. It seems like it took like an epoch of time before he does again. I couldn't look at him even though I knew he was waiting for me to look back just for him to look away like nothing happened. But, the problem is, I'm sick and tired of our game. The ironic thing is, even though I'm sick of it, I still can never manage to look at his deep engraving eyes staring at me for the millionth time for it seemingly froze me that my heart begins to thump faster. But this day, its thumping wasn't that happy nervous excited feeling; for it was a thump filled with pain, loathing and all the confusions I myself is tired of finding the answer. It would take a lifetime just to tell the story of us so I didn't even incept from the beginning.

"Did you cry?" he, as always breaks the silence whenever I'm thinking deep that a bitter sound of a guitar string irritates my ear.

I was taken aback for I knew it was an accident that rain-like matter slipped out of my eyes without even knowing it. "No. I hate crying you know that." Why would he even care anyway? Wasn't he cold hearted like me too?

He nods and takes a little more silence before asking again. "Oh okay... but did you like... have teary eyes?" Just what's the difference?

With a cold pained voice I lie. "No." With that, silence eluded us for the trillionth time unlike the first day we met laughing as we look at each other's eye.