How I Met Him

HAILEY'S POV

The question pops into my head every time he says goodnight to me......four simple words...10 letters......How I met him? 

The answer always starts with a beginning, and here's mine.

I get a friend request on Facebook while I'm laying on my bed listening to music.

Oh what do you know it's Cameron Hastings, he goes to my school!

Yeah he has my second period, AVID, and sixth period Life Science.

I press Accept, and decide to send him a simple message, what's the worst that can happen?

He doesn't reply? Honestly I don't care, I'm just bored.

I type "Hey(:" and send it to him. In less than a minute he replies with a "Hey", and we start to converse.

I started messaging him at 9 o'clock,as time goes by, I look at my clock again and it's 3 in the morning!

I tell him that it's getting late and I need to go to bed, he says " Oh okay, can I have your number? Not like that...?"

I laughed and thought he was cute and adorable so I gave him my number.

At the time I didn't have a phone so I shared one with my Dad, yes I know what a sad deprived Mexican child! Ha ha.

Before I close my laptop he says "Goodnight(;" and I say "buenas noches(:" which means goodnight in spanish.

Before I fall asleep I laugh to myself as I think of him, and a blush rises to my cheeks.

I drift off to sleep, and in the morning wake up to my Dad's worried face.Why does he have that face?

My eyes pop out and go wide, my Dad's holding his phone with a questioning face.

I retrieve it and when I look at the inbox, there's a message from Cam."Uh oh?" I say, uneasily. My Dad laughs and walks away; thankfully ignoring the situation.

~~~~~~~~~ The memory fades away. That was 7th grade summer. Now it's the summer before senior year.

That's the start, but have I gotten to the part where I started to like him? 

When he started dating Raquel is when it really hit me. I like this guy! Fortunately they broke up soon.

That was just the realization, then my, so called friend, Mia,  told him she liked him. She also told me; even though she knew how I felt about him.

Excuse me for the cursing, but what a Bitch! That same day I got the nerve to tell him how I felt. After school I texted him saying exactly this "Cam,I don't know how to say this? I guess I should just tell you, I like you." 

I'm waiting for a reply and I finally get one 5 mins. later,this is it!

"Hails, your attractive but were best friends." Those words are engraved in my heart. I felt like something broke, and then I realized it was my heart.

I've never liked a guy so much, and now I do.To my distress, this guy is unfortunately my best friend!

"Oh, but we talk everyday and I thought you might've felt the same?" I texted back, after screaming into my poor plush pillow.

"I know, but thats the thing I don't want to lose that. We talk everyday, and if we broke up one day, that'd change everything." He replied.

Haah just wow, I can see where he's coming but that's Ahh!

I texted Rose and Lily my conversation, and I get the same reply."WTF, that bitch led you on!"

I can always count on them<3