Chapter 2

,,That can't be true. I'm not immune!"

,,Why do you don't want to be?"

Newt slowly sat down. ,,I want..but how can I believe that you aren't lying to me again?"

,,Think about it. If you really weren't immune, wouldn't you got the Flare in Scorch already? Why did you got it here?"

That kinda makes sense... Newt thought.

,,Fine. There is a tiny chance that I believe you. But don't hope too much."

,,Great."

Then the phone rang. Lea picked it up and answered to it.

,,Hello? Who is this?" She listened caller for a while.

,,Are the fourth phase trials going well?" She asked. ,,Good. No, no, no, let them be...yes he's here." She turned to Newt. ,,Someone wants to talk with you."

Newt took the phone and asked: ,,Yes?"

,,Are you subject A5, the Glue?" The caller asked.

,,Umm..." Newt tried to remember what was written behind his neck.

,,Yes? What?"

,,Just wanted to let you know that your friends are okay. They're moving exactly like we thought. But also, I wanted to warn you; they're coming very close to WICKED, tonight, but don't try to escape. You can watch them trough the window but don't try to escape. You don't understand how important you really are to Lea and she'll do everything and I really mean everything, to keep you inside the WICKED. I know that it's a lot of information but do you understand?"

,,Yes." Newt's voice trembled a bit.

,,Very well. Now pass the phone back to Lea and remember: no words about this conversation!"

,,Fine...who are you and why are you telling me this?" Newt asked quickly but Lea already took the phone and started talking.
Minutes passed when Lea finally stopped talking and turned to Newt.

,,Sorry that you had to wait, but this was very important call." She sat behind the table and continued: ,,Our meeting is over, for this time. I'll call the guards and let them send you to your room."

,,There aren't no windows there," Newt marked. ,,I don't like that."

,,Well, I can send you to new room, where are windows. How does that sound?"

,,Better than darkness I guess."

,,Good." Woman rang some kinda bell under the table and right away the guards came in.

,,I hope that you are calmer this time," One guard said. Newt recognized him. That was the same guard who said him to stop and be still...and punched him too.

,,It's hard to be calm if some schuckface hits you and drags you everywhere."

Guard became angry and probably would've hit Newt but then the woman said angrily:
,,Stop it! You both! Take him to big room, with windows. And do not drag him, let him walk by himself."

,,Yes Ms. Paige." The guard stepped away from door and Newt walked out by himself.

They walked through white halls.

,,Why is everything white?" Newt asked but no one didn't answer to him.

They stopped in front of grey door.

,,That's your room. Food will come after few hours," The guard said. ,,Don't do anything stupid."

,,I'll try." Newt stepped in the room and guard closed the door behind him.

Only few seconds later he rushed to the window and looked out. The sun was still up.

They're coming very close to WICKED, tonight.

It was the reason he was so calm.

,,I'll wait then."

Newt woke up because he heard some strange noises coming outside. He jumped up and ran to the window. It was dark and he couldn't see nothing.

Noise..

That sounded like a car...

They're here!

Newt ran to the door and slammed it. It took few minutes until the guard came and opened the door. Right away, Newt punched him in the face and when the guard fumbled he pushed him in the room and closed the door quickly.

Halls were empty. That made moving easy but Newt was still careful.

Then he heard voices.

There was two of them.

Men.

Newt pressed himself against the wall and breathed slowly.

Calm down. You can do this. Just a few schuckfaces...with guns.

Newt swallowed and ran off the corner right onto one guard who fell down on the floor and tried to shake the boy off. The other guard targeted him with the gun but he couldn't shoot because he didn't want to hit his own mate.

,,Shoot him!" The guard yelled and threw Newt away from himself. The boy landed hardly on the wall and fell down. But he didn't waste time. Right away, he ran onto the guard with gun and fire weapon fell on the ground. Newt punched and hit the guard hardly but man was too strong. He held on Newt's hands and pushed the boy on the wall.

,,Shoot him!" He said.

The other guard targeted him with the gun and was ready to shoot when the building shaked and they all fell on the ground.

Rocks started to fall and building was about to collapse. Newt grabbed quickly the gun from guard's hands and ran away.

,,Come back you-!"

But Newt didn't hear the ending of the sentence. He heard fighting sounds and started running quicker.

Whoever it is, I don't trust them enough to go back and see, Newt thought. I have to find my way out of here.

Behind the next corner were few men but they didn't look like other guards. They wore dirty clothes and their guns were old. They turned to Newt who immediately started to shoot them. Bullets didn't hit the mark but at least he was protecting himself somehow.

Then, someone pulled a bag over his head and everything went black.

Someone took the bag away and Newt saw that he was in a room that was made of hay. Or something like that.

Two boys stood next to him. Newt sat on a chair, he wasn't tied up.

,,Who is he?" Someone asked.

,,We found him at the WICKED's building when we drove past."

These voices came behind the door. Then two boys stepped in and Newt froze.

,,Tommy?"