Chapter 104

This took a bit of a different direction, but enjoy!

***

**| Sang's POV |**

On Sunday, Sean gave me the all clear to take more self defense lessons. Knowing who my father was involved with had spurred the guys on to teach more moves to protect myself if I ever found myself in danger.

Of course, they had wanted to do it on Saturday, soon after the meeting, but Sean wouldn't let them until I had more rest. So on Sunday, he caved and now I stood in the huge personal gym attached to the house with Nathan and Raven. Sean was there just in case something went wrong, and Kota was there to observe and maybe help if needed.

"We're going to work on some basics," Nathan said as he handed me some of those fingerless gloves to pad my knuckles, but allow me to grab things. Raven helped me put it on as Nathan went over the plan for the day. "We'll teach you a few punches and where you'll need to aim, some kicks, and how to defend. Just because we are teaching you this doesn't mean you'll be able to get into a street fight. The rule still applies from the last time we taught you some moves. You do what you have to do to get away. You get them down, you distract them, you draw attention to yourself, and you run like hell." Nathan's blue eyes grew hard. "Do not try to fight them. Delay them. Get away. Got it?"

"Got it," I said, taking him seriously. I wasn't stupid. I knew I wasn't going to be able to take on anyone, especially with my small, weak size. I just didn't have the strength.

Nathan searched for something in my expression and when he found the determination, he nodded. "Good. Raven is going to hold up the pads while we go through the punches. First is the straight punch. You'll push from the ball of your foot and thrust your hip and fist forward at the same time. This will put your weight behind the punch and give it more strength."

Nathan showed me the punch, his own gloves on. He hit the small pad Raven held in his hands at chest level. A solid thudding noise echoed through the gym. He did it a few times in slow motion before doing them in quick succession, showing his real strength. Raven had to put his weight behind the pads to stay steady.

I gaped. Nathan was fast and strong. He knew exactly what he was doing and he never missed. Even as Raven began moving.

"You guys are just showing off now," Kota called out and the two of them paused and lookd at me sheepishly.

"Sorry, Sang," Nathan said.

"I'm not," Raven said with a grin. He winked at me and my cheeks warmed at his flirtiness.

"Okay, now you try." Nathan came over and rested his hands on my hips as he positioned me to where I wanted. I could feel his chest brush up against my back and it sent my heart rate to increase slightly with being so close to someone.

Confusion bubbled inside me and I shook it off as I tried to focus on what Nathan was saying.

"Now throw a punch."

I blinked. "Just punch him?" I asked.

"Preferably the pad, but if you want to hit him, go for it," Nathan said with a grin.

"You won't hurt me," Raven said. He put down the pads and I gaped. What were they playing at?

"I-I can't just punch you," I said.

"Sure you can," Nathan said. "He'll like it."

Sean snorted and then broke out in laughter as I glanced between the two, trying to see how serious they were.

"Don't mess with her like that," Kota said and pushed up his glasses. I glanced at him, noting the slight pink on his cheeks.

Raven chuckled and picked back up the two pads and held them out. "Now punch," he said.