Chapter 1

Chapter 1: 

“You weren’t supposed to fucking pack your whole house, Ella” Jayden exclaimed as he picked up two of Ella’s suitcases. He eyed the rest of Ella’s belongings and sighed.

“Hey, hey, I never asked for your help, if you’re going to complain I could just ask Ryan to do it here” Ella replied playfully as she slapped Jayden’s shoulder and smiled at Ryan, her driver. Ryan cleared his throat and gave Jayden a look of plea.

“Shut up and lead me to your room, Princess” Jayden teased as he smiled at Ryan. Ryan unloaded the rest of her belongings to the curb of the road, and took off. They walked through the lobby of the main building of Caldwell Academy and followed the trail that led to the Dawson House, one of the dorm houses for girls.

“Jayden, you’re practically dragging my suitcase, carry it right. I thought you worked out over the summer?” she said. Ella punched Jayden’s arm and ran ahead of him. He took the challenge and chased her into the girls' house.

“JAYDEN, GET YOUR BALLS OUT OF THE GIRL’S HOUSE!” Scarlett yelled from the couch. She stood up and walked towards Ella and Jayden. The other girls hanging out in the commons glanced at Jayden and gasped at the sight of a guy in their dorm.

“Shut up Scarlett, you’re just jealous no one wants to carry your bags for you” Jayden said jokingly and patted Scarlett’s shoulder playfully.

“Puh-lease, Jayden,” Scarlett said as she groped her boobs together, “My milkshakes bring the boys to the yard.” Ella giggled and Jayden shook his head in disgust.

“I can’t be with you anymore” he said. Jayden turned toward Ella, “I’m gonna get the rest of your bags.” Ella nodded and watched him leave the building. Scarlett placed her arm on her best friend’s shoulder.

“When are you guys gonna go out?” Scarlett teased.

“Scar, we’re just friends. I would never date Jayden, he’s like my long lost brother” Ella replied. Scarlett gave Ella a look and took a seat on the couch.

“How about you, how’s Ace?” asked Ella.

“Ehhh, we’re alright, but the long distance relationship is killing him. Haha. You know how he is, all protective and everything,” Scarlett replied, nonchalantly.

They continued talking about their summer but jumped in their seats when they heard a scream. Ella and Scarlett turned around to find Audrey and Arianna running toward them. They stood up and hugged their friends.

“GUYS, GUESS WHO I WAS WITH YESTERDAY?!” yelled Audrey. All three looked at Audrey with a questioned look.

“ALEXANDER!” she screamed. Everyone rolled their eyes.

“Audrey, you really need to stop with this Alex thing. There are other fishes in the ocean,” replied Arianna.

“But, you guys, I really like him” she said, as she pouted her lips and played with her fingers in disappointment. Scarlett smiled at Audrey and gave her an encouraging look.

“Well, what did you guys do?” Scarlett asked. Audrey’s face lit up as she realized someone was interested in her crazy one-sided love life.

“I was at my mother’s house, just shipping out my last luggage and I read Alexander’s tweet. HE WAS IN NEW YORK! So I went to fifth avenue, which is where he was, and I just casually strolled up and down the block till I ran into him!” she exclaimed. All the girls gave a look of concern but Scarlett continued to smile at her. “Yeah I acted so surprise to see him there. he was waiting for a friend of his, but it turned out his friend couldn’t make it. So, instead we went out to eat sushi at this awesome place on 47th and also watched a movie” Scarlett squeezed Audrey’s shoulder and gave her an aww.