Chapter 2

( Un-edited )

Chapter 2: 

Nathan waited in front of Starbucks, on 87th street for his best friend, Ace. He lit up a cigarette and inhaled the soothing smoke. Nathan saw Ace crossing the street and waved to his best  friend.

“What's up, Nathan, shouldn’t you be back at CA campus settling in?” asked Ace. He opened the door to Starbucks and waited for Nathan to enter. Nathan put out his cigar and entered the building. As they walked in, they earned few glances and murmurs from girls in the store.

 “Fuck that, man” Nathan replied after walking into the building. They got in line and ordered their drinks. Nathan and Ace leaned against the wall, waiting for their drinks to come out.

 “Look, Nathan. I know you really don’t care,but you need to stop being such a pussy and do well in this school. Come on, you’re a senior, just one more year and you’re done. At least do it for your parents." Ace punched his friend, playfully. "I thought the people at our school were bad, but I heard the ones at CA are far worse than our school, so be careful. Okay?” Ace pleaded.

When the drinks finally came, Ace grabbed his drink and handed Nathan’s drink. After recieving their drinks they sat on the seats that faced the window and continued their conversation.

 “I know bro, I just I don’t see the point in school.” he sighed as he sipped his coffee, slowly.

 Ace smirked and punched Nathan’s arm. Nathan scowled at Ace because of how the punch made him burn his tongue, from the coffee.

 “Anyway, how’s the new school treating you, even though it's only been a couple of hours, since u got there.” Ace asked, sipping his white chocolate mocha frappuccino.

 “Well for starters, this girl bumped straight onto my rock hard abs” Nathan replied, pouting and  rubbing his abs up and down. Ace chuckled and shook his head because of how immature his friend was.

 “Do you know her name?” asked Ace while glancing at his phone.

 “i think it was, Ar-Arie-ARIEL, but i don't know her last name.”

 Ace took his eyes away from his phone and looked at Nathan.

 “ARIEL, I know her! I mean, if we’re talking about the same Ariel. She’s my girlfriend’s, best friend. Wait, did she look like those art type of girls?” Ace asked once again. Nathan nodded.

 “Yeah she dropped all her art supplies when she bumped into me”

 “Yeah, that’s definitely her. Hey, don’t go screwing around with her; she’s my girlfriend’s best friend. Got it?” Ace ordered Nathan, protectively.

 “Fuck you” Nathan replied, jokingly. Ace gave him a glare and Nathan smirked back. Nathan continued to drink his coffee and took in the Manhattan surrounding as Ace kept his eyes glued onto his phone.

 “Nate, Scarlett isn’t replying to my messages,” Ace pouted, “it’s been over 3 hours, what do you think she’s doing?”

 “Oh my god Ace, Who cares if she doesn’t reply back, she’s just a chick.” Nathan replied while rolling his eyes. Nathan couldn’t understand how a boy could be so whipped on one girl.

Will he ever feel this way towards a girl, he wondered. Nathan sighed and slumped back on his chair, looking out the window.

 Ace snapped his fingers in front of Nathan’s face, in order to get his attention.