(8)

CARL'S POV
◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽◽

I was in Negan's room on his bed. Three days had passed since I got shot. I've been in Negan's room laying on his bed for the majority of that time.

My head felt so much better than it did yesterday, most likely because I had been taking to many pain meds.

I was most likely high, I was light headed as hell for sure. Actually, no. I was for damn sure higher than a skyscraper.

I was laying down on Negan's bed facing the ceiling. The bedroom door opened and I heard heavy footsteps. "Hey Negan.." I slurred.

I heard him chuckle. "What the fuck happened to you?" He asked, sounding amused.

"Your stupid doctor is tryina Michele Jackson me." I blurted out. Negan busted out laughing. "He's trying to Michele Jackson you?" Negan questioned.

"Ya. Its weird I'm numb all over and my toes are tingily." I ranted. Negan chuckled and kissed my forehead. "You should go to sleep." Negan told me.

"I don't wanna." I wined. "Carl. Go to sleep." Negan ordered more stern this time.

I groaned. "Fiiiinnneee. But only if you lay with me." I slurred. Negan slipped his leather jacket and shoes off and laid down next to me.

I curdled up next to his chest and closed my eyes. "Neg-" I started but Negan cut me off. "Go to sleep Carl." Negan said. I cuddled closer to him and Negan wrapped his arms around me. One around my shoulders and one around my waist.

I sighed and eventually fell asleep.

---

When I woke hip my eye socket was fucking pounding. I groaned and sat up. It was dark out and Negan was still sleeping.

I smiled at him and ran my hands through his short hair. He flinched slightly and opened his eyes. He smiled lightly. "Why you up?" Negan asked me.

"I dunno.. Just woke up I guess." I said. Negan chuckled lightly. "You should go back to sleep." Negan said closing his eyes again. "No, won't be able to." I said.

"Well if you won't sleep, then neither will I" Negan said. "No, you need your sleep more than I do." I protested. But Negan was having none of it. "Who just got their eye shot out a few days ago?" Negan said more than asked.

"Whatever, you have people to boss around in the morning." I shot back at him. "Simon can do that, or Gavin or Regina or Arat." Negan said. I rolled my eyes at him. suddenly an idea popped into my head.

I picked Lucille up and pointed her at Negan. "Go back to sleep or ill beat the holy fuck outta you." I commanded. Negan just laughed at me quietly.  "I'd like to see you try kid." Negan teased.

"Now if it weren't for the extreme pain in my head I would." I said. Negan's face got serious. "Do you want some aspirin or something?" Negan asked me concerned. I nodded. "Ya." Was all I said.

Negan got up and walked over to our new stash of pain meds and handed me three pills and a glass of water. I took them gratefully and finished off the water once I downed the pills. "Thanks Negan." I said quietly.

"Im serious, you should get the fuck back to sleep." Negan said. I sighed. "I know.." I mumbled. I laid down right ontop of Negan, wrapping my arms around his neck and resting my head on his chest. I could hear Negan's steady heartbeat. It was a very comforting sound.

"Goodnight Carl." Was the last thing I heard before falling back asleep.