Chapter 2

Leon knew his family couldn't be trusted when they all disappeared right after the wedding ceremony. The poor boy peeked through his veil. The original seats taken by his father and brothers were empty by the time they finished exchanging the vows. Mei never turned up. He wondered how no one ever grew suspicious. He would have banged his head on the wall if only this boy he inadvertently married hadn't offered to take him back to the chamber.

The chamber was huge, decorated with an assortment of fancy decors, opulent furniture and medieval wall paintings. It was a traditional Western-styled room with a king-sized bed, a colossal dressing table, an exquisite black piano and two secret rooms. The chandeliers glimmered above his head. Leon stared back at the boy who had just fainted on the ground. He had a head of silvery hair. Sleek and feather-like. He had caught a glimpse of his amethyst eyes and to be honest, the prince looked really grumpy. He didn't think he liked him that much.

Of course, Leon couldn't just go out and ask for help. His disguise would be exposed. He scanned the room apprehensively. He was still brooding over his current predicament when something glittered in the mirror. He quickly put on his wig and scurried to the dressing table that was crafted with elegant patterns of mythological creatures. Light enveloped the mirror. Leon clenched his eyes and stumbled back. Soon, a familiar voice wafted out from the inanimate object.

"Psst!"

Leon gawked at his annoying brother. Standing beside Yong Soo and trying to squeeze into the frame was his father, Yao.

"Leon! We messed up da-ze!" Yong Soo hissed, waving his arms dramatically. Yao smacked him upside the head and leant closer to the mirror.

"What...why...you..." Leon's mouth gaped open.

"Aiyah, don't ask too much. It's magic! Magic! Otherwise we won't be able to connect with you!" Yao said. "Now listen very carefully, my son, we can't find Mei. We're still looking for her. Apparently, we miscalculated-"

"Thought so," Leon said indifferently. What did he expect? He knew right from the start their plan would go wrong and yet he still foolishly complied. His family was just a bunch of goofballs sometimes.

"Don't interrupt me!" Yao pouted. "Look, we're already expanding our searching areas. We expect to catch her within these two days. By then, continue the disguise and don't let anyone find out, okay?"

"What?" Leon blinked incredulously. Yong Soo jumped back into sight and smiled brightly at him.

"Oh come on, he isn't that bad. He's pretty suave. We all saw him on the wedding!" He laughed and made a silly face. "Just try not to get mated by the time Mei comes back!"

"Woah, hold on a second-" Leon frowned.

"That's it!" Yao snapped his fingers. "We're counting on you now! It's life or death for our mighty kingdom. See you soon, son!"

"Wait!"

The image of his family soon dissolved. He swore he saw Cheng eating a plate of egg tarts while Yong Soo was joining him with some kimchi rice in the background. Yao was being scooped up by Princess Anya. He dropped his jaw as the light disappeared and only his reflection remained.

He looked damn awful in those make-ups. The mascara they put on him was starting to make his skin itchy. He had better things to tend to though.

He walked back to the body on the ground. He bent down and scooped up the unconscious boy. He placed him on the bed and started shaking him.

"Hey..."

Not working.

He gave him a tug.

Not working.