Chapter 5

Queen Lukas was enraged. He broke the news to King Mathias and convinced him to confront Fire Kingdom. King Mathias thought it was unnecessary but his wife insisted. Queen Lukas ordered his servants to bring out his magic mirror. He draped a red cloak around him and waved his crystal cane. A whirlpool formed on the glass surface.

"Are you sure-"

"Come on, idiot." Lukas cut Mathias off and grabbed him by his collar. Together, they went through the mirror.

Emperor Yao was watching a dance show when two mysterious figures jumped down from the ceiling. They landed in a crowd of wiggling red bodies. Mathias whistled at those voluptuous black-haired folk dancers only to get a huge bump on his head.

"Wait, stop the music!" Yao shouted. "I'm sure as hell those two aren't my dancers."

The music stopped. All the dancers stiffened on the spot. Princess Anya let out an intimidating chuckle. Yao continued to munch his apple.

"About time," Lukas growled and stomped towards the man sitting on the throne.

"Queen Lukas! What a pleasure to see you on this lovely day! Would you like to watch a Chinese opera with us?" Emperor Yao jumped down and smiled. "Although I would say there's a better way to enter my palace?"

"Shut up," Lukas said and pointed his cane towards Yao. "You gave us the wrong bride!"

"Oh no, they found out!" Yong Soo yelped. Yao shot him a glare.

"Oh, did we?" Yao raised his eyebrows.

"I asked for a girl, not a boy," Lukas snarled.

"What's wrong with a boy?" Yao said.

"Is this a prank?" Lukas scowled. Mathias held him back. "Relax, Lukas."

"Shut up!" Lukas roared. "Explain to me why my son was married to a boy!"

"Leon is my son," Yao said plainly. "He's also a royal member. I don't see the problem. We struck a marriage deal. I provided you with a decent bride. You signed the free trade agreement. That's a very successful cooperation."

"It was supposed to be your daughter!" Lukas said. "Not your son."

"I couldn't give you my daughter so I gave you my son." Yao shrugged. "He's well-educated, tamed and dutiful. I'm sure he makes a better bride than Mei."

"That's not the point," Lukas said. "You deceived us. This is clearly an insult."

"Lukas," Mathias hissed. "We don't want any trouble here, okay?"

"I'm trying to settle this as peacefully as I can, but it seems your kingdom has shown us no respect whatsoever," Lukas declared and raised his cane. "I request a formal apology and immediate compensation."

"Are you waging a war with us?" Princess Anya giggled.

"If that's inevitable," Lukas said with narrowed eyes. He aimed the head of his cane at Yao. Cheng and Yong Soo leapt to the front in fighting positions. Princess Anya stood up with a faucet pipe and laughed.

"Then a war it would be," she announced.

"Stop," Yao glared at her and ordered her to sit down. She pouted. "I do not want a war with your kingdom, Queen Lukas."

"Well, what your kingdom has done suggests otherwise," Lukas growled and waved his cane. A beam of frost shot out, missing Yao by an inch and landed on the wall behind. Yao looked at the wall and then back at Lukas.

"I see," Yao sighed. "I guess it can't be helped then."

He snapped his fingers. A glittering sword appeared in his hand. He unsheathed the sword and pointed it at Lukas. "I do want to settle this peacefully but it seems you're determined."