Chapter 8: Milkshake Mayhem

Waking up early in the morning just to gag my stomach out doesn’t make my day any better.

It has been a week since I was discharged from the hospital. I’m still not that well, considering that my psychiatrist, Takao-san needs to visit me almost daily to talk to me. They can’t prescribe me any medicine for my depression because I am pregnant.  That’s why I’m undergoing counseling from him and our friends make sure to visit me and talk to me.

Akashi-kun also seemed to spend more time at home than at his company.

Which reminds me. He still hasn’t told me everything.

“Tetsuya, love? Are you all right?” Akashi-kun worriedly followed me to the bathroom. He soothingly rubbed my back as he always did whenever my morning sickness woke me up.

“I’m not.” I answered.

“I’ll get you water.” Akashi-kun stood up to go and take some bottled water from the fridge inside our room while I continue turning my stomach inside out. “Here, love.”

I took the bottle and drank from it. “Thank you.”

“Do you need something else?” He asked as he flushed the toilet.

I shook my head as I stood up. “I’ll brush my teeth first.”

“Okay. I’ll wait for you outside.” He kissed me on my forehead and left me.

Akashi-kun is the one in charge of the cooking, mainly because I always vomit just by seeing or smelling anything that related to uncooked foods. I don’t have that much cravings for food but I had this unbelievable urge to eat and I never thought I would even be that attached to tofu.

And this makes my boyfriend happier than anyone. He was so happy that our little baby is craving for tofu and that our little baby has a minimal liking to vanilla milkshake. I still drink one per day but well, I don’t find it much alluring than tofu.
I went to the dining room as soon as I was done fixing myself. Akashi-kun was already preparing our table for breakfast and as I expected, the table was full of tofu dishes. “You’re on time for breakfast, love.” He pulled a chair for me.

“Thank you.” I sat and stare at the food. “You went all out today.”

“Of course.” He said as he took off his apron and sat beside me. “I need to get on your good side now.”

“Are you saying that you did something that would make me mad at you?”

“I’m not really sure if what I did would make you mad but… today would be the day where I will tell you everything.” He said seriously.

“Would this everything make me regret my decision on coming back to you?”

“I hope it won’t.” He said as he took my hand and kissed it. “I just need you to know that I love you and our son more than anything.”

“Son? How sure are you that the child I’m carrying would be a son?”

“Instinct.” He said.

“Hmmm… then if it’s instinct were talking about then I would say that I’m carrying twins.”

“Twins?”

“Yes.”

“What makes you say that?”

“Because just staring at you and inhaling your scent makes me incredibly horny and not at the same time.” I said as I begin to devour the food in front of me. “And I eat a lot that I think I’m starting to get fat.”