chapter 7

Katniss:

I guess Gale's parinoia lead him to bulid a shelter like this. Why else would u model district thirteen's steel bunkers? We had one at home because I constantly had nightmares about stuff like this, so Peeta bulit a steel bunker for me. I feel around in the dark next to me for Peeta's hand. His hand finds mine, and soon I am wrappe in his arms. "I love you, you know that," he wispers in my ear. "I love you too," I reply. There's a deafening boom, and the room gets hotter. "This can't be good,"  Gale says. Madge, I'm guessing, grabs Peeta's arm and one of my legs. About twenty minuites later Gem says, "I think I should see if its ok to go out." "No!" we all yell. She walks out anyway, flames jump into the room, and Gem screams. Peeta gets infront of us and covers Madge and me. A few moments later, the sprinklers cut on and put out the flames. The emergency lights come on. I check Peeta, he badly burned, but atleast he's alive. His back is blistering. "I'm fine," he grunts, "check on Gale and the others." Madge and Prim are crying. Which is understandable, considering there mom is practicly a pile of dust and bones. Gale is sitting, facing the door. I walk over and sit next to him. He appeared to have done the same thing Peeta did, he covered Prim and Finnick. I pick up the little baby. "I can't belive this," he says. "I mean I knew she wasn't the brightest, but she was my wife, and she loved me and..." he begins to cry. I wrap my spare arm around him. "It'll be okay, we'll find a way," I say.

I know what must be done now.