17

"you're weird."

jaehyun could feel her eyes glaring daggers towards him which made him chuckle.

"i baked you cookies and this is what i get."

"well i didn't ask you to bake one for me. it was your own initiative," he says, averting his gaze upon spouting his white lie.

jaehyun didn't ask her to do it. jeffrey did.

"you can at least be grateful," the girl huffs, fixing her hair as she looks at the cars passing by while they sit idly on the bench of the bus stop.

"here you are being cranky again. how was your exam?"

right. and he have to mention it.

"well it's amazing. got 6 out of 50. pretty much okay for someone who sent her tutor away."

"hey."

jaehyun pats her back softly, feeling slightly upon hearing her words.

"i was at fault too. i could've at least been a bit more patient. i only added to your frustration because of walking away like that."

jiho quickly dismissed him with a smile.

"it's okay. it already happened anyway. i just have to do well next time."

suddenly, the air surrounding them became a bit more warm. they are practically aware at the small space separating the two of them and the box of cookies carefully placed on top of jaehyun.

wow, this is awkward, he thought.

"so-"

"by the way-"

"jaehyun!!!"

it wasn't the classic scene where both parties look down in embarrassment and urges the other to go and speak first. no, somebody just have to ruin it.

"chaeyeon?"

the said girl stopped right in front of them and looked at jiho for a moment, which made her emit a nervous chuckle. but chaeyeon quickly looked at thean beside her.

"oh. were you waiting for me? come on. let's go home together. mom has been wanting to see you!" the young girl exclaimed, pulling jaehyun by the arm while jiho merely scoffed. what a scene.

"fine. i can do it without you pulling me like you're about to take my arm away from my body."

chaeyeon giggled, which sounded more annoying than jiho thought it would be.

"wait, are you kim jiho of class 2-C?"

upon hearing the question, jiho's eyebrows raised, not noticing jaehyun's panicked expression.

"uhh chaeyeon-"

"yes i am. though not a lot people know me?"

"oh but i know you!"

the girl extended her hand towards jiho and smiled.

"my name is jung chaeyeon of class 2-A, jung jaehyun's cousin."

"eh? cousin?"

jaehyun could only sigh. of course, chaeyeon knew about jiho and the blackmail thing is not news to her too. sometimes he would carefully keep things to himself but the girl always finds a way to invade his precious privacy.

"yes, i'm his cousin. why? were you jealous of us earlier?"

the next question made jiho completely speechless while chaeyeon only laughed. jaehyun, on the other hand, rubbed his arm nervously.

"uh i wasn't?"

"sure you're not. for now. by the way, we'll be going now. had some important things to attend to. bye jiho! stay safe~"

jiho could only wave back slowly as the girl dragged jaehyun along with her. without another word, she sat back on the bench of the bus stop, rethinking about the thoughts she had earlier.

yes she was kind of annoyed at how chaeyeon acted before but was she even jealous? did she even like him?

did she actually like jaehyun?