special chapter 2

i like you

"ne, who is she?"

she kept her voice low as she stared at the two people who gave her the uneasy feeling.

"oh right, i forgot to introduce her to you. ji, this is yerim. my girlfriend."

"girlfriend?"

she tried not to sound too annoyed by what she heard, much more effort when the said girl bowed in front of her and smiled. it's not like her to start hating on people, but their faces disgusted her. and because she's not the type who'll embarrass herself in public, she faced them.

"hello. if it's okay, i would like to talk to him for a while. you wouldn't mind right?"

the girl shrugged, as if telling her to go ahead. quickly, she pulled his arm and dragged him over to the side.

"what is this?"

"what do you mean?"

"doyoung you made a promise."

the male blinked a few times before looking away.

"you're still holding on to that? we were still kids back then."

"that doesn't give you an excuse to break a promise!"

by this time, she's already holding back her tears.

"not all promises can be made up to. some are just meant to be forgotten. i'm sorry, jiho. i can't just ignore my feelings for yerim just because i made a childish promise with you."

why did you choose to fall in love with her?

why forget about me?

am i not important to you anymore?

do you think i wasn't worth those years of waiting?

"i see. be happy then."

jiho managed to choke a sob as she walked away from him, slowly and painfully. she knew all those words meant nothing, but she longed for that promise. she trusted him.

she didn't know where she got the energy to walk all the way home when she felt like a zombie after what had happened. a few meters away from their house, she saw a few police cars and people gathering around.

"excuse me, let me through!"

she managed to squeeze through the crowd of people only to see her father, being pushed inside the police car. she couldn't find the words to speak and could only yelp in pain when she felt something on her neck being yanked.

"this is mine! i can't believe it! i hope you rot in jail."

jiho could only stare at the girl fuming with anger while holding one of her most prized treasures.

dear jiho,

i'm sorry i couldn't be home on time for your birthday. but dad got this for you. it took me a long time to save for it and i hope you liked it. see you later. happy 15th birthday. i love you!

it was all a lie. everything is a lie. everyone is a liar.

that night, she packed all her things and decided to leave the house. of course, without having to escape from the people on the streets who demanded her to return the things her father stole from them. she didn't even know what to believe anymore.

she skipped class and ate nothing but bread that she bought from her savings that she carries. she felt hopeless.

"lucky one. you sure live a great life, eh? having nothing to deal with but food and shelter when it rains."

the feline purred as she began stroking it's fur. she didn't care even if she's in the middle of the road.

"well would you look at that. she seems to like you."

jiho turned around to face a middle aged woman with her arms crossed.

"how about tending to twenty more of them? can you handle it? i give nice offers."

"would you give me a place to stay?"

"you got yourself a deal, young lady."

it wasn't that hard to take care of the bunch of cats in the neighborhood. she got herself a good place to stay as well in her room in the complex. what made her rather uncomfortable was the banging that she hears every night from the room next door.

it took her a long tine to check it out, out of fear that nobody is really there or a serial killer might have made that room his base and brought lots of corpses there. who knows.

"come on, skitty. let's try to knock and see if someone's home."

the white cat meowed as it followed her to the door. she began to knock, only to find the door open.

as she went inside, jiho stared at the room in horror.

blood on the wall

cutters

broken glasses

pills

shit!

the landlady called for an ambulance. technically, it wasn't her business since she only found a nearly dead person inside that room but jiho chose to come to the hospital and look after the person she found.

she learned that the person's name is mina, an 8th grader like her, suffered from bullying like her, and wanted to end life, like how she wanted to do. but that was before.

they seem to become friends after that, trying to look for small scale jobs to support themselves in school, taking care of the landlady's cats. until momo came.

"it's not that i like her!"

that's what mina said but then she ended up with her anyway. another lie. mina found someone else, even more than a friend. and she felt alone again.

beep beep

she dismissed the notification from her phone and tossed it across the other side of the bed. she stood up and went to her window, leaning unto the windowsill. she noticed a familiar white fur and she smiled.

"hey skitty. long time no see."

the cat stared back at her before purring. she had named it after a pokémon since she found it really cute and suitable for it.

she reached out and softly pets the cat's head, and slowly stroked its fur.

"hey skitty, why do people lie?"

*****

idk jiho i think it's just part of human nature lol
what do you guys think? be skitty and give jiho the answer
btw skitty always get autocorrected as shitty omfg