Heartbreak

(part of the cannon)

Quill POV

"I just don't get why you won't ask her out." Jax mutters questioningly as I pace back and forth. Ever since that kiss under the mistletoe on Silver Star my emotions have been driving me nuts. The others have noticed too. I'll start daydreaming or get distracted easily, I feel like I'm going to go crazy! It's gotten so bad that Ariel has forced me to take a few days off to "get myself together".

"I can't just ask her!" I shout, pulling at my scarf to let air in. "Summer probably doesn't like me, even as a friend!"

Jax sighs, humoring me. "Why not?"

"I don't know, but she avoids me and lied about wanting me at that party. I wish I knew but I don't know what I did!"

"Two words." He says plainly. "Ask. Her."

"I can't!"

"Why not?"

"Because I-I just," I start to stutter. "what do I say? Hey Summer, I secretly really liked you for a long time now and you don't seem to like me at all so care to explain so I can change myself so you'll like me?" I grone, hitting my forhead on the wall.

"Well...no...that sounds, weird."

"Nahhhhhhh."

"Okay fine." Jax growls, frustrated. "How about: Hey Summer, you seem upset with me, can you tell me what I did wrong?"

"I can't be that calm around her!"

"I can't I can't I can't." He rolls his eyes. "Stop being so negative. Either take my advice, or stop complaining to me the way you are."

I pause, staring at my brother and confusion. He's never been this pushy, or rude. Even when I had my childhood crush, Jax was never this upfront.

After seeing my expression, he sighs, sitting down on the hammock. "Listen bro, what you have obviously isn't just some school daydream that lasts a few months. I think you're in love with her, and if you never act on it, you'll be miserable."

I continue to gape at him, no real sound coming out of my mouth. Finally after an uncomfortable amount of silence, Jax sighs again. "And that's why you and I are going to Summer's tent right now."

My eyes widen. "What! No! Not now! I don't know what to say!"

He picks me up with his magic and smirks. "That's why we're both going."

"Jax please don't. I'm the introvert, your the extrovert!"

"So I'm going to help you."

"What happened to your lazy nature?"

"I'm not lazy when it come to your well being."

"Ugh!" I precede to cover as much of my face as possible with my scarf and wait for my inevitable doom.

*Later*

"Comingggggg." Summer's sing-song voice makes my heart jump. Jax sets me down just before she opens the door, and when she does, she does it with a big grin.

"Hey Jax!" She cheers. "Hey..." Summer's gaze locks with mine and her smile flickers for a moment. "...Quill."

I sigh, looking away and twards my brother. "You made me come here, you talk."

Jax simply smirks with a wink. "I don't think you want me to do that."

I glare at him. "I thought you said you would help me." I growl under my breath.