Chapter 8.

Turns out Mike was right, he didn't see Max around. He actually missed having her stupid red hair in front of him in Maths. He tapped his pen rapidly on his paper, distracted. "Missing your second girlfriend?" Susan teased, peering over. Mike felt his stomach flip at the remark. "She's not my girlfriend..." he hissed at her. Susan smirked "so why hasn't she been in school?" "How do I know?" Mike wished he knew. What if something bad happened? He quickly calmed himself down. She was probably waiting till she looked... less bruised. Mike shuddered at the word.

"Any news from Max?" Dustin asked at the lockers. "How should I know? Why does everyone keep asking me!" Mike exclaimed. "Alright man." Dustin said putting his hands up in defense. "What's wrong?" Lucas asked as he made his way towards the boys, Will at his side. "Nothing." Mike said too quickly. "Max hasn't been in school, and kinda had... an incident." Dustin filled in, ignoring Mike's pinch on the arm. Lucas' eyes widened in realization. "Was it... bad?" he asked. "Dunno, ask Mike." Dustin said pushing the boy towards Lucas. "Was what bad?" Will piped up. "Nothing!" Mike repeated. "Nothing happened!" Lucas grabbed Mike by the shoulder, "Mike tell me how bad." he asked again, more slowly. Mike gulped before whispering "pretty bad." Lucas briefly looked at the vacant space near Max's locker. "Shoot" the boy muttered. "I should've been there." Mike flared his nostrils "Yeah you should've been" he said shoving Lucas' books in his chest. Max wasn't his girlfriend to worry about, especially since she refused his help. He strode away from the group leaving them all stunned. "What's his problem?" Lucas said pissed. "So can someone please tell me what's going on?" Will pleaded in a small voice. Dustin rolled his eyes at all of them "come on Will, I'll explain on the way." Lucas glanced at Dustin. "On the way to where?" he questioned. "Max's."

"I missed you." El said stroking Mike's hair. Mike closed his eyes as he rested his head in the girl's lap. "Me too" he said absently. "Mike? What's wrong?" the girl asked worried. "Can everyone just stop asking me questions!" he replied through gritted teeth. El jerked back slightly. "Sorry El" Mike muttered, pulling her back "I'm just cranky... got a lot on my mind." El smiled sympathetically at him, and began twisting a curl of his hair. Mike felt different pulling El closer to him, it wasn't like how it was with Max... He sighed rubbing a hand over his face, he shouldn't feel upset, it was Max's problem. Besides they weren't even friends, it's only because she was tutoring him... "Shit!" The boy shouted jumping from El's lap. "I had an after school Maths test. Oh crap!" Mike groaned as he kissed El on the cheek before frantically making his way towards the Maths department.

A short chapter guys! Because I've been working on my new Madwheeler story (We got older) make sure to check it out! Also the return of Susan lol