forever.

excuse any mistakes.

ALEXIS MCGEE.

i was laying on my bed, as i ran down the events that happened yesterday to queen, "puss," she sighed out my childhood nickname, "what?" i asked, as i played with the tights that squeezed my hips, "you gon' have to tell 'em. he already askin', which means he suspicious." "but .. but i'm not ready, i don't know." "it's not about you, anymore. it's about peaches! you don't want her growing up without a father? give her a chance you didn't." queen preached, i looked at the phone, since we were on facetime, and mugged her. "you should be an inspirational speaker."

"i know, but what if he tries to get custody?" i thought out loud, "like, since he just foun—." queen cut me off, "yeah, he won't." "how you know?" i questioned, i heard shuffling then she spoke, "i don't, but lemme call you back." we both said our goodbyes, then hung up and that left me thinking. i know q's right and he's already missed half of her life but i'm not ready.

it didn't matter anyway, desmond wanted to meet up and i knew i had to tell him, before anyone else did and it was great timing because ayesha is with my mom at the zoo. i made sure my house was locked, and i had gotten into my truck, turned it on and drove to his barbershop he told me, he closes early since it's the weekend and we should be alone.

once i arrived and i exited my car, i noticed the door was locked, i knocked lightly and backed away from the door and waited which took two minutes before i seen desmond's smiling face, "hey." "hey .. come in." he opened the glass door for me and i walked passed him, and sat in one of the spinning chairs. "so .." "so?" it was silent except from the sound of the broom sweeping around the wooden floor, i sighed quietly and kicked my feet. "she's yours." "excuse me?" i looked up from the floor to stare at a grinning desmond, "can you repeat?"

"too far." "nah, repeat?" "she's yours. she's your daughter." "was that so hard?" "maybe, a little." "when will i get to meet her?" "anytime, you'll like." "tomorrow?" "text me the details." i stood, and made my way out of the shop. i did it, and it felt like a heavy weight had been lifted, no more secrets and no more hiding her from him.  i sighed, and drove to my moms to pick ayesha up.

i knocked, and my mom opened the door, we walked into the living room where ayesha was watching cartoon network. we took a seat, ayesha getting up and sitting in my lap, "so?" she asked, a small smile on her face, "i told him." "that's great, baby." "it was so hard." "stop being overly dramatic, girl." i fidgeted with my fingers, as i sighed. "but mom, i didn't want her to be upset that she sees everyone else with a dad and she doesn't have one."

"she does, and that was very motherly to introduce the two." "yeah, yeah." "fix y'all a plate and get out. i'm goin' on a date!"