forever.

exuse any mistakes.

DESMOND BUTLER.

i was at waffle house waiting for alexis and our daughter, it felt weird saying the word daughter. i'm meeting a child, who i helped create and i haven't seen her 'til this moment. nervous wasn't even a word i would describe what i'm feeling. i looked up once i heard the bell chimed, i smiled once they found me and  took a seat across from me. "i already ordered .. you like fries and burgers right?" "who does—." "hi!" we looked over at our daughter, with the biggest smile on her face.

"hey." "i'm ayesha, and you're my dad." i looked over at ayesha who looked at me, "she's smart for her age, all i said was that we're meeting a friend." "i heard you talkin' to auntie queen." we looked at each other then looked at her. "i'm desmond, and you're my daughter." " i know, silly." she giggled, i laughed because her smile was contagious. once we had gotten our food, i looked at ayesha then at alexis who was already looking at me.

"so, how is this gonna go?" i asked, ashante made a confused facial expression, "you know i'm gonig to want to spend some time with her, so i want to pick her up from school tomorrow." alexis nodded, "she goes to carver." i nodded and ate my food.  "so, what do you do for a living?" i looked up alexis, "i own a barber shop, you already know that." "by yourself?" "nah, with aaron ." "oh, forreal?"

"yea', that's my brotha'." i laughed, as the forks hit the plates as we ate. "that's good." she nodded, and we continued to eat and after arguing about who'll pay, which for a fact i won. after we ate, we took dymond to the park and played with her for a while. "you ready?" alexis asked, sitting ayesha on the slide, ayesha  shook her head and held tightly onto her mother, daddy's gotcha'." i reassured with a smile, my arms wide as i squatted down.

she slowly let dymond go and when alexis pushed her she went down the slide and i caught her, throwing her in the air, "that's a big girl!" i sat her down and she ran to play with the other kids, "you came at the right time .." "what you mean?" "her birthday is next week .. she's turning three .. and don't get anything pink. she threw away the pink teddy bear i gave her on her birthday last year." "pink is an ugly color .. too girly." "fight me."