Yule Ball

A few months later it was time for the Yule Ball.

 But not a normal one. This time there were students of Beauxbatons and Durmstrang because of the Triwizard Tournament, where Harry unluckily was a contestant in. 

The main problem was that Lucy didn't have a date yet.

 Everybody had one, but she was left out, sadly.

 Nobody even asked her, if she had a date yet. They didn't care at all.

 She cried in the bathrooms every day until the day of the Yule Ball because she had no time to do so.

 Even though she didn't have a date, she decided to be present for her friends.

 Her friends thought she had a partner to go with and Lucy didn't stop them from thinking that.

 She wore a blue dress that fitted her eyes and curled her hair. She put on decent makeup a tried to listen to how Isabella talked about her date.

 Inwardly, she cried because she was very jealous of her friends.

 Lucy and Isa left the dorms together.

 In the Great Hall, that was then transfigured into a ballroom, Isa spotted her accompaniment. Now Lucy was standing alone and walked over to the crowd that was gathered around in the middle of the ballroom.

 The contestants of the Triwizard tournament walked in with their dance partners. 

After they started dancing the rest of the students went up the dance floor, while Lucy got herself some drinks.

 She spotted Malfoy with Parkinson and felt a sting in her heart, but she ignored it.

 Parkinson was all over him but he was very uncomfortable, so it seemed. Lucy felt a little happier then.

 She saw Harry sitting together with Ron a went over to them.

 ''H-hi guys!'', she said.

 ''Oh hey, where is your date?'', Harry asked.

 ''Actually, I don't have one.'', she rubbed her nose.

 It was awkwardly quiet for a moment but then Hermione came from the side.

 ''Hey guys, Krum is getting some drinks for us.'', she said.

 ''Why are you with the enemy?'', Ron mentioned, angrily.

 ''Enemy?'', Hermione asked and with that, she stormed off.

 Lucy followed her after she gave the boys a glare that meant 'I'll-talk-to-you-later'.

 She tried to comfort Hermione by hugging her, but she shook Lucy's hands off and went to the Gryffindor Tower.

 Lucy turned around to go to the back to her common room, too.

 ''Hey.'', a voice said. 

Lucy jumped. It sounded like a boy and she looked everywhere but she couldn't find the source. 

A figure stepped out of the shadows, Lucy identified him and realized she was now staring at no one other than Draco Malfoy.

 ''Do you need anything?'', she said annoyed, but secretly enjoying his presence. 

''No, just wondering. I haven't seen you with anyone today.''

 ''So?'', Lucy said. ''You are very pretty and I don't get why people didn't ask you to be their date.'', Draco pointed out.

 A slight blush could be seen on her face.

But Draco knew better.

Lucy left without a word, flustered.